Medical Assistant Job In
Patient Care CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Angeline McLamb: Sign in to view
Patient Care Coordinator
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Patient Care Coordinator (from here on designated as PCC) is a very unique position. The PCC knows protocol, knows the limits and regulations of the position, operates within their scope of practice, and focuses entirely on aiding the Provider in taking care of his / her patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to answer calls and collect all pertinent medical information needed for the provider’s medical decision making
- Responsible for processing provider orders
- Responsible as the point person for the provider’s patients, facilities, and other healthcare professionals
- Scheduling consult and specialist appointments
- Requesting medical records
- Documenting all calls in EMR
- The ability to perform continuous detailed tasks with frequent interruptions
- Collaborating with other divisions within Care Center
- Reviewing and assigning faxes and attachments
- Working with Care Center RN when triage is needed and urgency is escalated
- Ability to work as a team to cover other PCCs without being asked
- Ability to develop strong rapport over the phone
- Maintains patient confidentiality and all HIPAA privacy requirements
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Ability to adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Strong customer service approach to all callers
- Performs related work as required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to lift/carry items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and understand road maps
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Certified (AAMA) MA or Registered (RMT) MA or 5 years of medical experience as a Medical Assistant or LPN/LVN, EMT, Military Medic, Paramedic, Foreign Nursing Grad, or Foreign Medical Grad
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Active CPR Certificate
- Minimum 2 years of office experience in health care coordination
- Strong medical office call experience with ability to collect appropriate medical information from the patient/caller to communicate to provider
- Ability to work closely with Patient Care Center RN and Provider
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritization
- Professional demeanor, self-motivated, and dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively with all personnel levels within the organization
- Strong phone communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in EMR
- Strong phone triage skills
Reaching out to those in need is more than a career; it’s a calling.
Our care starts with our people. Our compassionate doctors are supported by skilled staff (medical assistants, practice managers, patient care coordinators, schedulers) all committed to delivering the best care for each and every patient.
No other physician practice offers the immediate resources of having such highly accredited laboratory (CAP), diagnostics & radiology, along with offering a full continuum of home health and hospice.
Beyond that, our internal resources of Operations, QA, Compliance, Clinical departments are all devoted to providing ongoing support complimenting each doctor and every office.
To provide compassionate, high quality medical care in the home
Respect - we will value others and treat them how they want to be treated
Integrity - we will be honest, transparent and do the right thing
Teamwork - we will create strong relationships that are founded in respect, sharing, and accountability
Excellence - we will strive to deliver the highest quality services through efficient processes