Respiratory Therapy Job In Cincinnati, Ohio
Respiratory Therapist - Per VisitNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Fronrath: Sign in to view
Respiratory Therapist - Per Visit
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for delivery of Respiratory Therapy (RT) equipment and services to client/patients of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer
- Represents the Company in a professional and courteous manner in all interactions with client/patients
- Delivers and sets up respiratory therapy (RT) equipment, including (but not limited to) oxygen therapy, CPAP/BIPAP, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, and ventilation, afflovest and cough assist
- Demonstrates the use of RT equipment in the client/patient’s home, and ensures that the client/patient and/or caregiver demonstrate knowledge of proper operation of the equipment
- Provides ongoing client visits for RT equipment maintenance and revisions to Plan of Care.
- Picks up and cleans RT equipment as needed
- Assists in resolving RT equipment problems under emergency conditions when appropriate.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities in accordance with Company policy
- Completes appropriate documentation of client visits, including reports as needed to physicians with regard to client/patient clinical progress
- Performs routine preventive maintenance and simple repairs on RT equipment as required; arranges for repair by manufacturer when necessary
- Reports RT equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in compliance with Company policy
- Participates in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies
- Participates in the Company’s Performance Improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator
- Participates in Company committees when requested
- Pursues continuing education programs appropriate to job responsibilities
- Performs PFT testing requested by Visiting Physicians Association
- Performs RT evaluations for patients request by Visiting Physicians associations
- Leads, mentors, and trains, providing oversight of PRN RT’s
- Attends weekly VPA provider meetings as a RT liaison
- Participation of DME respiratory in-services
- Performs other duties as assigned by Senior VP
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Certified and/or Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Licensed by the State
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year of home medical equipment experience
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- Required to use hands to operate vehicles and office equipment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
With more than 2000 employees across the country, USMM promotes an environment that is rooted in supporting the home-based, patient centered care that our family of companies provides.