Information Technology Job In Troy, Michigan
System EngineerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Heather Fronrath: Sign in to view
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
The System Engineer is responsible for the install, manage and operations of the server, storage and virtualization environment, and all necessary applications. This person will provide the crucial technical expertise to support the company’s business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all Windows, Linux, load balancer, and AIX Servers
- Responsible for install, manage, and support DNS, DHCP, Exchange, Lync, Active Directory
- Provides and maintains a solid infrastructure for all mission critical applications
- Manages, maintains, and supports the SAN, storage, and backups environments
- Supports VMWare Virtual Server environment with ~ 200 servers in two data centers.
- Supports VDI (Horizon View) environment with PCoIP
- Implements and administers proactive measures (maintain backups, antivirus, daily system checks, logs, alerts, etc.)
- Manages all the automation efforts for all processes, application, and technologies
- Efficiently collaborates with all other technical teams and business units to resolve all issues and provide solid resolutions to tickets in timely manner
- Escalates, as appropriate, to management or other teams any incident needing additional resources or management awareness, maintaining ownership of the issue
- Develops and maintains formalized documentation on all aspects of systems maintained
- Efficiently manages and runs IT infrastructure projects from requirements gathering, building, and documenting
- Builds, manages, and improves necessary processes to achieve expected performance and uptime
- Works with business partners to build, maintain, and test disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Maintains a solid understanding of emerging technology in all areas responsible for
- Builds and manages relationship with outside vendors to support their products that we utilize
- Works with various groups in the organization to develop and implement IT and business projects as required
- Collaborates with cyber security team, implements, and maintains appropriate security practices for all managed technologies
- Mentors and trains all support engineers in all technological aspects that is needed
- Will participate in rotating 24x7 on-call rotation with a 30 minute response time
- Being available when needed for after-hours/weekend maintenance, support and projects
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related fields
- 2 years of related experience working in Microsoft server and client environments
- Designing and implementing Virtualization strategies including SANs for resilience
- Working in a team environment, doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and demonstrated improvement in personal and team performance with customer service focus
- Working knowledge of networking technologies
- Team-oriented, good at sharing and asking for help when needed
- Self -motivating, needs to be able to stay on task and work diligently without constant supervision
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies driven by customer projects
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Microsoft and/or VMWare certifications
- Experience in SharePoint, PowerShell, and SCCM
With more than 2000 employees across the country, USMM promotes an environment that is rooted in supporting the home-based, patient centered care that our family of companies provides.