OB/GYN Job In McAllen, Texas
OBGYN opportunity in McAllen, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Job Summary:Seeking an OBGYN to join a well-established, busy practice in McAllen, Texas.
- Must be board certified or board eligible in OBGYN
- Ability to obtain a Texas medical license or have a Texas medical license in good standing
- Candidates with experience or new residents will be considered
- Robotics and high risk OB interest is a plus
- PAID call: 1 weekend/month and 1 day/week
- a teaching component as med students and residents rotate through hospital
- Guaranteed base salary
- plus bonuses
- Employed by the practice
- Rich benefits package
- Paid malpractice
- CME days/allowance and vacation
- Relocation allowance
- Texas has tort reform and no state income taxes
About HCA Houston Healthcare McAllen:
- Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For over 35 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
- With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The Texas Transplant Institute
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)- 24/7 coverage
- Full range of women’s services working in conjunction with five Rio Grande women’s clinics
- Robotics program to include da Vinci robots on-site
- From fragile newborns to the most complex cardiovascular patients, RGRH has a proven track record of serving the Valley’s health interests. That’s why we have been recognized time and time again for patient safety and clinical excellence.
This is a place which blends warm, personal charm and a laid-back pace with all of the modern amenities and conveniences of a dynamic and emerging cosmopolitan community with a surprisingly low cost of living. Here families, singles, professionals and retirees enjoy a safe, friendly environment with access to great year-round weather, beautiful beaches south of Padre Island and wildlife preserves. McAllen is an outdoor enthusiast’s year-round paradise. Parades of birders ‘flock’ to the Quinta Mazatlán to witness rare bird migration – the annual monarch migration is another sight to behold. McAllen is a wonderful place for you and your family to put down roots!
Known as the ""city of palms"", McAllen is the thriving hub of the Rio Grande Valley and home to the vital Texas citrus industry. A long-time crossroads of cultures and economies between the U.S. and Mexico, McAllen has emerged as a top destination for retailers, manufacturers and logistics firms in international trade and manufacturing. Its sunny days and climate accommodate active lifestyles with abundant recreational opportunities, including challenging golf courses, scenic parks, and the white sand beaches of South Padre Island. In this city of 100,000+, residents enjoy a cost of living that is far below the national average, offering affordable housing enhanced by a rich multicultural spectrum of shopping, dining and nightlife options. With no state income tax, tort reform and a low cost of living, Texas offers an ideal place to grow a family and a practice.
Serving area residents since 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (www.riohealth.com) is a full-service acute care hospital offering all major specialties. A recent $65 million expansion added a five-story tower which increased the number of patient beds to 320. A complete updating of the entire facility includes the addition of the latest in diagnostic and treatment equipment and technology to maintain the hospital’s leading role as a healthcare provider. In 2003 and 2004, the hospital was rated among the top 5% of all hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance. Catchment area of 700,000. All specialties are represented.