Pharmacy Technician Job In Rolla, Missouri
Pharmacy TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
The Technician picks up orders from the nursing units, enters orders, restocks inventory and electronic dispensing cabinets, and acts as a receptionist for the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responds to customers request for medication or information. Follows through to meet customer's needs.
2. Participates and /or contributes to Pharmacy and hospital improvement activities.
3. Stocks vials, caps and bags; cleaning/clearing counter space and end of day, checking drop box at pharmacy entrance.
4. Displays a working knowledge of computer operation to include inputting of prescriptions, adding new patients, running refills and providing price checks.
5. Completes order entry and billing in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Obtains medication from shelf, placing in vial, labeling, and performing National Drug Code (NDC#) check.
7. Performs simple pharmacy calculations and efficient use of reference material.
8. Receives prescriptions from customers and verifying customer prescription information for accuracy and completeness.
9. Puts away wholesale medication/over the counter (OTC) by placing stickers on items and placement in proper shelf space. Performs monthly inspections for outdated items
10. Assists and serves others to meet their needs. Focuses on discovering those needs and the way to best meet them. Note: the term "customer" includes, but is not limited to, internal and external peers, employees, patients, external agencies, or anyone that the person is authorized, by position, to help. Maintains own and others attention to internal and external customers' needs. Takes personal responsibility for continuously raising the standard of customer service.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum Work Experience
One year of pharmacy experience preferred but not required.
Will be required to register or apply for Pharmacy registration after interview prior to start date. Must become a Certified Pharmacy Technician within one year of employment.
Considerable mental concentration required completing duties. Standing and walking up stairs 50% of shift is required. Light lifting (25lbs) required.
Most of workday spent in Pharmacy, with hourly rounds to Patient Care units. Considerable printer and telephone noise.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.