Pediatric Cardiology Job In Dallas, Texas
Pediatric Acute Care NP Opportunity in Dallas, TexasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Medical City Children’s is seeking a certified acute care pediatric nurse practitioner or certified acute care and primary care pediatric nurse practitioner.
- Master’s degree or higher in nursing, documentation of completion of accredited acute care pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP)
- Prefer dual certification for both primary and acute care pediatric nurse practitioner to function independently in a high acuity, fast paced pediatric cardiac intensive care unit caring for patients with congenital heart disease including both pre-surgical and post-surgical patients, acquired heart disease, and post-surgical adult congenital heart disease
- Current Texas licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current Texas licensure as an APRN-NP
- Required basic life support (BLS) certified
- Required pediatric advanced life support (PALS) certified
- Preferred adult cardiac life support (ACLS) certified
- Cardiac experience preferred, but not required
- Employed position
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k and paid malpractice, paid time off, CME and dues allowance
On-site there are 100 NICU beds and a 12-bed dedicated congenital heart unit with a 12-bed step down unit. They cover a robust number of neonates with complex congenital heart disease, some adults, and no transplants.
- Level IV PICU
- Level I PICU
- Level IV Maternal Designation
- Congenital Heart Center
- Fetal surgery
- Maternal fetal institute
- Scoliosis and spine care
- Adult hospital on the same campus
- DFWChild Readers - Best hospital to have a baby
- DFWChild Readers - Best childbirth classes in Dallas County
- U.S. News & World Report - Best hospital in Texas
Dallas is the ninth largest city in the United States with a population of approximately 1.2 million people. Dallas is at the center of the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area, which is the fifth largest metropolitan area in the country with a population of approximately 5.7 million people, according to U.S. census estimates. It is the third largest city in Texas, behind Houston and San Antonio. Dallas is also the number one visitor destination in Texas and a major convention city.
Medical City Dallas has been in the heart of Dallas since 1974. With desirable market demographics, an excellent payor mix, and a growing market – it is easy to see why physicians come to practice here. On Dec. 8, 2003, Medical City joined an elite group of hospitals nationwide that have achieved the American Nurses Association's Magnet Recognition, the most prestigious designation of excellence in nursing services. Also, in April 2004, Dallas Business Journal named Medical City as the "Best Place to Work" in the city. As you can tell, Medical City offers unparalleled breadth, depth, and quality of medical care in North Texas.