Physician Assistant Job In Richmond, Virginia
Experienced Neurosurgery APP Opportunity in Richmond, VirginiaNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced neurosurgery APP to join the hospital staff of Chippenham Hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
- Must be board eligible or board certified in their specialty
- Board eligible candidates still in training must be scheduled for their boards
- Must be energetic and motivated
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid occurrence based malpractice
- CME and dues allowance
- 466-acute bed hospital with a Level I trauma provisional accreditation
- 135-bed inpatient acute psychiatric hospital for child, adolescent, adult and geriatric admissions
- 50-bed ER
- 32-bed private medical surgical ICU, 12-bed private cardiovascular ICU integrated with our cardiovascular stepdown unit, 12-bed arrhythmia care unit, 8-bed pediatric ICU, 15-bed NICU
- 15 operating rooms with the latest surgical technology available, including robots that are used in thoracic and orthopedic surgeries
- 35,000+ annual patient admissions, 95,000+ annual ER visits
Richmond is a wonderful place to practice medicine and raise a family. With a metropolitan area population of over a million, Richmond offers a great balance of big city excitement and small town charm. The area abounds with parks, nationally recognized school systems, and innumerable recreation and cultural activities. Richmond is within a two-hour drive of the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The cost of living is very reasonable; traffic congestion is minimal.
Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a metropolitan population of approximately 1.2 million people. Richmond is a city deep in history with terrific neighborhoods, museums and festivals year round. The city also boasts the first state-supported art museum in the United States and the Southeast's largest museum, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With easy access to Interstates 95 and 64, Washington, DC, Virginia's beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains are all less than two hours away. In Richmond, you will find a wealth of small-town charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, including one of the most remarkable displays of fall foliage along the Eastern seaboard.
CJW Medical Center is not just a community hospital. It is one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital systems, HCA. With 748 beds and two medical campuses, CJW admits more patients, delivers more babies, and performs more heart surgeries than any other hospital in Richmond.
Each campus provides a wide range of services, but specialty programs have been established at one hospital or the other - not both. The Chippenham campus has a heart hospital and Tucker Pavilion, a behavioral health center. The Johnston-Willis campus has cancer, neuroscience, and rehabilitation centers. Both campuses have state-designated trauma centers. Taking this approach allows CJW to develop clinical programs that are stronger than they would otherwise be.