Hospitalist Job In Tulsa, Oklahoma
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Ascension St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, OK, delivers specialty and 24/7 emergency care and a Level II Trauma Center. We provide advanced surgical care for serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Ascension St. John Medical Center is a destination for specialty care – including heart, cancer, stroke care, orthopedics, and women’s health.
- 500-bed non-profit hospital
- Hospitalists run codes
- No call
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
What Matters to You
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Once considered the oil capital of the world, “T-Town” has developed into a vibrant (albeit small), modern metro area. Straddling the South, Southwest, and Midwest regions of the country, Tulsa is home to a distinct culture comprised of the best characteristics of each of these regions, in addition to Native American and cowboy heritage. The community often comes together to celebrate its heritage and common interests. Some of the most popular events include Oktoberfest, the Tulsa Tough annual bicycle race and affiliated Cry Baby Hill block party, several food festivals, and Mayfest. Tulsa has some great outdoor spots that locals routinely take advantage of with more than 130 parks in the metro area, including the popular River West Festival Park and Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area. More than 50 miles of trails traverse the Tulsa area, providing hikers and bikers with beautiful views of the Arkansas River. The metro area is also home to several golf courses, as well as plenty of places to team up and play soccer, rugby, and baseball. Enjoying live music is a favorite pastime for Tulsa residents, who flock to popular venues like Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa Theater, The BOK Center, and Guthrie Green. Tulsa also appeals to art aficionados with a collection of galleries and the expansive Philbrook Museum of Art. The Deco District showcases examples of art deco architecture.
Awards and Accolades
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain ? MI
- Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award
- Stroke Center Named Comprehensive Stroke Center by Joint Commission, Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Verified as a Level II Trauma Center by the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons
- Five-Star Program Rating by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- Received CORE Certification from the International Geriatric Fracture Society
- Among Nation’s Top Performing Hospitals for Treatment of Heart Attack Patients
- Recognized as a Spotlight Hospital by the Oklahoma Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative
- Certified Transcatheter Valve Center by the American College of Cardiology
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.