Psychologist Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
Post Doctoral Clinical Psychology Fellow - (Las Vegas, Nevada, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: The 1-year psychology fellowship focuses on clinical training in the areas of behavioral pediatric psychology, cognitive behavior therapy, and behavioral parent training. Post-doctoral fellows have the opportunity to work with children/adolescents and their families who present with a range of concerns including anxiety, depression, learning problems, ADHD, sleep problems, and disruptive behavior, among others. Opportunities also exist to obtain specialized training in PCIT, ADOS and Trauma. The fellowship training program incorporates professional development in other areas, including public speaking, developing referral sources, and providing consultation to other programs within the Boys Town Nevada site, as well as collaborating with pediatricians in a primary care setting, psychiatrists, and school staff. The post-doctoral fellowship begins on September 1st and lasts for 1 year. Candidates must have graduated by August 31, 2022.
Schedule: Full Time. 8:00am - 5:00pm; Occasional evenings as needed. Location: Boys Town Nevada.
- Provides behavioral health services to children, adolescents and families.
- Provides direct clinical services to clients as assigned.
- Helps to establish and maintain a referral base from pediatricians, local schools, other treatment providers, and general community referrals.
- Provides psychological services, behavior parent training, and other essential psychological services to parents and youth referred to the outpatient clinic or assigned co-location clinics.
- Provides consultation on an as-requested basis to referring pediatricians about general psychological phenomenon and how they may impact development, compliance, or other medical issues.
- Actively participates in supervision to meet requirements for licensure as a psychologist.
- Participates in weekly individual supervision meetings with a licensed psychologist.
- Increases knowledge of clinical psychology in related fields by continuing education and informal and formal discussions.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA-accredited or its equivalent university. Advanced training in clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and/or parent training.
- Successful completion of an APA approved internship or its equivalent.
- Must meet licensure requirements at the master’s level.
- Minimum of 3,000 post-master’s hours (including internship) by July 31 of internship year (1500 of these hours must be direct).
- Graduate degree conferred by August 31 of internship year.
- Register as a psychological assistant with the State of Nevada Psychology Board and complete necessary background check and fingerprinting as required by the Board.
About Boys Town Nevada: Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year. The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and family’s triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include medical, dental and vision insurance, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 19, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.