Internal Medicine Job In Las Vegas, Nevada
Chief Residency Position in Las Vegas, NVNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Summary:During the Chief Resident year, the Chief Resident will gain and develop clinical and administrative skills, pertinent to his or her role appropriate to the residency program, enabling him or her to become a liaison between the residents and VASNHS. The Chief Resident will have an extensive opportunity to master leadership skills, teaching style and learn the complexity of medical practices, in addition to administrative procedures.
- The applicant must be a graduate of an accredited residency program in Internal Medicine and be willing and able to assume the role of Chief Resident, working under the supervision of the Program Director and VASNHS Internal Medicine Site Director.
- CMR will work directly with interns, residents, faculty, attending physicians, hospital staff and hospital administration.
- Hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
- Satisfactory completion of an Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Report to VASNHS Internal Medicine Site Director
- Report to the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the VASNHS.
- Develop and manage monthly schedules for MountainView Internal Medicine residents assigned to VASNHS.
- Establish and monitor schedules for didactics and other departmental programs
- Conduct teaching sessions such as Mortality and Morbidity, Journal club, and Quality Improvement lectures.
- Function as a liaison between residents, faculty and the Site Director
- Handle complaints/concerns from residents and discuss with the Site Director and Program Director
- Represent the residents at departmental hospital meetings
- Assume leadership and serve as a role model for residents
- Develop and maintain professional growth and advancement including self-study programs under the guidance of the Site Director
- Participate in all education and activities pertinent to the residency program and training program for Internal Medicine residents
- Participate and perform all assignments and duties assigned by the Site Director or Program Director in accordance with ACGME.
- Demonstrates high quality practice of Internal Medicine. Conduct attending rounds with MountainView GME teams one week a month at VASNHS inpatient facility.
- Identify and monitor resident’s educational and program needs and report to the Site Director
- Demonstrates clinical compliance in accordance with standard of care
- Demonstrates excellence in patient safety and procedures dictated by regulatory organizations such as OSHA and practice according to HIPAA guidelines
- Provide teaching and demonstrate high quality and comprehensive documentation skills and interaction with the residents
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of northwest Las Vegas. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996, including four consecutive Leapfrog Group’s Grade As and has twice been named a Top Teaching Hospital. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular and thoracic center and the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery. The Sunrise Health Medical Education Consortium, based at MountainView, trains the next generation of physicians and surgeons for our community.
MountainView is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery, diagnostic imaging, urgent care center and hospital based emergency rooms, offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
-Complex and minimally invasive surgical services including; neurosurgery, vascular, cardiovascular and thoracic, orthopedic, bariatrics, colorectal, gynecology
-Comprehensive cardiac services including a heart failure program
-Full service and ACR accredited, diagnostic imaging services for inpatient and outpatient use
-Extensive women’s and children’s services; including high-risk OB services and a Level-III NICU
-Rehabilitation Services including a 36-bed inpatient unit, soon to complete an expansion that will almost double its size, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab as well as outpatient services
-Oncology services including a full service unit, a blood and cellular therapy program with certified oncology nursing staff, surgical services, imaging and outpatient infusion services
-Full service ER Department including a separate 24/7 Free-Standing ER facility, ER at Aliante
For more information, visit www.MountainView-Hospital.com.
Las Vegas, Nevada – located in Southern Nevada with mild winters and warm summers, Las Vegas offers world class amenities, a low cost of living and no state income tax. With a population of more than 2.6 million, Las Vegas is not only known as the gaming and entertainment capital of the world but is also is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with access to many national and state parks in the area and within close distance. The community is now home to three professional sports teams in the NFL, NHL and WNBA.
As the fastest growing city in the nation, Las Vegas offers beautifully designed, affordable, master-planned neighborhoods right in the backyard of Southern Hills Hospital, with easy access to all of Las Vegas' amenities. Las Vegas is home to world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including recreational opportunities such as golfing, tennis, hiking, water and snow skiing. Ask any of the 1.5 million residents who call Las Vegas Valley home. They'll tell you that our great city has more to offer than the bright lights - big city atmosphere that has made us famous. Name your favorite hobby and you'd be hard pressed not to find it available in our community.
True to its mission, MountainView Hospital is a provider of compassionate, quality health care in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas. MountainView Hospital has more than 1,200 physicians on its medical staff representing 36 medical specialties. Our team of highly skilled physicians, along with experienced nurses and other health professionals, provide a comprehensive, advanced range of health care services. These include: state-of-the-art surgical and emergency services; cardiovascular services; women's services including ""Birthday Suites""; an extensive, advanced range of outpatient and diagnostic services and much more. For patients and families, this means an unparalleled depth and breadth of medical expertise close to home.
MountainView Hospital continues to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction -- an affirmation that we are listening to our community and meeting the health care needs of Northwest Las Vegas. And, like the community we serve, MountainView Hospital continues to grow, learn and innovate. So as the health care needs of you and your family evolve, we're with you every step of the way.