Neonatology Job In Saginaw, Michigan
Neonatologist Medical DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now
Excellent opportunity for a full-time NICU medical director/neonatologist!
Pediatrix® Medical Group has an exciting career opportunity for a board-certified medical director to join our team at Covenant Medical Center in Saginaw, Michigan. Our highly experienced neonatologists emphasize a compassionate team approach to neonatal care that covers 17 counties in mid-Michigan.
About the opportunity
The 54-bed, Level-lll NICU cares for approximately 35 to 40 patients a day and is supported by a broad range of pediatric subspecialists. In this role, the medical director will primarily:
• Provide clinical leadership to the NICU team, including neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners (NNPs), nursing, and any additional partners, caring for the NICU patient
• Assess critically ill neonates and administer comprehensive patient care using HFV, nitric oxide and whole-body cooling.
• Attend occasional high-risk deliveries, which are typically attended by NNPs.
About the team
• A nurse-led transport team provides coverage to multiple Level-I and Level-II hospitals in the region.
• An NNP provides 24/7 in-house support, with an on-call neonatologist on standby.
• A dedicated core group of respiratory therapists is available 24/7.
• Provision of a robust newborn nursery service.
• Block scheduling to enhance work/life balance.
In addition to acheiving board certification, all neonatologists will maintain affiliation with Central Michigan University and participate in resident teaching.
A cornerstone of Michigan's Great Lakes Bay Region and the birthplace of legendary singer Stevie Wonder and tennis pro and four-time Olympic gold medalist Serena Williams, Saginaw is approximately 90 minutes from Detroit.
The area is home to a vast system of waterways and woodlands, as well as a wealth of nature preserves, trails and facilities that support a love for green spaces while also inspiring active lifestyles. The Bay Area is home to several universities, excellent schools and The Dow Chemical Company. The area also features recreational activities, including Dow Gardens, Dow Event Center and minor league hockey and baseball. Saginaw offers a rich and diverse culture. One of the gems of this bustling town is the riverfront district, which offers many activities, places to live and educational opportunities. It's no wonder Saginaw is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family!
Come see us, and be part of our NICU family!
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
• Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
• 401(k) with annual matching program
• Advanced and continuing medical education
• Leadership training and advancement opportunities
• Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
• Professional liability insurance
• Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix™ and Obstetrix™ Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts, work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care. Find additional information at www.mednax.com.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption