Gastroenterology Job In Texas
UT Health East Texas- General Gastroenterology Faculty PositionNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Megan Akkerman: Sign in to view
Ideal Candidate: Candidates should be BC/BE and eligible for licensure in Texas. The ideal candidate would also be team oriented and motivated by the opportunity to contribute to a growing academic environment.
Position Details: This is an employed faculty position with UT Health East Texas and is a traditional gastroenterology practice with outpatient, inpatient, and call duties. Physician will practice at UT Health Tyler & UT Health North Campus Tyler.
- 7 total GI physicians and 1 midlevel servicing hospital
- Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM in the clinic)
- 150-200 procedures per physician/per month
- 7+ procedure rooms (7 currently utilized with other procedure rooms available)
- PENTAX equipment for all advanced procedures including EGD, Colonoscopes, ERCP and EUS
- Rooms set by block scheduling for the day
- All imaging resources on-site including CT, MRI, and ultrasound
- Interventional radiology available onsite
- Surgical backup available onsite from general surgery to help with biliary and pancreatic surgery
- One dedicated nurse per provider
- 1 week of IP call every 3 months, all over covered by GI Hospitalist.
As a partner with the University of Texas System, our Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and is growing rapidly. We are excited about our medical school opening in 2023!
- Paid Medical Insurance Premiums
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Competitive Retirement Plans
- Professional Development Fund
- Reimbursement for TX Medical License Registration
- Fee exempt status for DEA License
- County Medical Society Membership
- Texas Medical Association Dues Reimbursement
- Medical Liability Coverage: No tail coverage policy needed
- Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, University Holidays, CME Time, Sick Time
Community Information: www.VisitTyler.com
- Population of over 100,000 (233,00 in the Tyler metropolitan area)
- Outstanding area public and private schools
- Small-town comforts with easy proximity to metropolitan cities
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Various lifestyle choices– lake front, historical homes, modern, rural
- No State Income Tax
The UT Health East Texas
Our purpose is to care for our patients, their families and each other. We do so while educating and developing the caregivers of the future.
- 10 hospitals
- >50 physician clinics
- >300 employed providers
- 13 regional rehabilitation facilities
- two freestanding emergency centers
- regional home health services covering 41 counties
- an EMS fleet of more than 45 ambulances and four helicopters
- a comprehensive seven-trauma center care network, including a Level 1 trauma center.
- Our primary service area has a population over 600,000.
As a partner with the University of Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to provide east Texas patients with access to leading-edge research and clinical therapies while training and educating the next generation of physicians and other health professionals. Graduate Medical Education is an integral component at UT Health East Texas and includes accredited residency programs in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Psychiatry. An Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency took their first classes summer 2020, with two new programs starting in 2021.
The University of Texas has also approved a medical school in Tyler, and we expect to take our first class in 2023. We encourage you to learn more by visiting our websites at www.uthealtheasttexas.com and www.uthct.edu.
UT Health East Texas offers the opportunity to build a career with a thriving health system. Continued investment in facilities and services, as well as strong physician leadership, make UT Health East Texas an ideal fit for physicians at all stages of their careers. East Texas offers a family friendly lifestyle as well as easy access to major metro areas.