Pediatrician Job In Marion, North Carolina
Pediatrician Opportunity in Marion, North CarolinaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Mission Hospital McDowell is seeking a full time pediatrician to join Mission Pediatrics in Marion, NC.
- Board certified or board eligible
- The incoming candidate will cover the clinic as well as the newborn nursery at Mission Hospital McDowell
- No ER call
- Call is 24 hours (7am -7am)
- Please note that this position does not offer visa support
- This is an employed position with HCA Healthcare
- Competitive salary driven by MGMA data and industry benchmarking
- Benefit offerings for you and your loved ones: health, dental, vision & pharmacy
- 401k and stock options
- CME allowance, relocation and signing incentives offered in most circumstances
About Mission Hospital McDowell:
- Mission Hospital McDowell, a member of Mission Health, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, is a community hospital serving McDowell County
- Located in Marion, North Carolina, Mission Hospital McDowell operates 30 beds including 5 labor and delivery suites
- Medical specialties offered include family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, and walk-in, non-emergency care at Mission My Care Now McDowell
- Five of Mission Hospital McDowell’s primary care practices have been recognized by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as Rural Health Clinics
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, western North Carolina offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that this area is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Marion is located only 45 minutes east of Asheville, known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area's 250-plus independent restaurants. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
Established in 1844, the history-rich small congenial city of Marion sits at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, "Where Main Street meets the mountains." Just off Interstate 40, Marion is located approximately 35 miles east of Asheville and 20 miles west of Morganton. Marion's main street historic district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, downtown Marion features a variety of shops and restaurants. Marion serves as a gateway from Interstate 40 to many nearby attractions and recreation activities in the Blue Ridge Mountains including the Joseph McDowell Historical Catawba Greenway, Lake James, Linville Caverns, the Blue Ridge Parkway and more. 2007 Basketball Hall of Fame inductee and current University of North Carolina Tar Heels basketball coach Roy Williams was born and spent a part of his childhood in Marion.
McDowell Hospital is a member of Mission Health, a Top 15 Health System, and a community hospital serving Marion and the surrounding North Carolina mountain communaties of McDowell County. The hospital is supported by practice service lines that include: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Currently five of its primary care practices have been recognized by CMS as Rural Health Clinics, and McDowell Hospital is developing an expanded primary care network for western North Carolina.