Mental Health Technician Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Psychiatric Technician - Part Time Evenings - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Psychiatric Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to youths. The Boys Town Psychiatric Inpatient Center provides medically directed care for children ages 5-18 who have severe behavioral health problems or mental illness. Psychiatric Technicians strive to heal youth and turn their life around for the better. Building relationships with kids, monitor, and lead by example. Be positive role model and address positive and negative behaviors.
Schedule: Part Time Evenings: 3:00pm - 11:30pm.; every other weekend. Location: Psychiatric Inpatient Unit.
- Provide direct youth care & supervision to an assigned population which includes but not limited to the maintenance of the therapeutic environment using the Psycho Educational Model of Treatment (PEM).
- Provide a safe environment for all youth & staff. The basis of PEM is to 'catch kids being good' and reinforce good behavior at a higher rate than bad behavior.
- Monitor the basic physical needs for the youth.
- Must be able to serve as a role model for ethical behavior. Promote awareness & moral principles with the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Upon hire, must complete required competencies during Preservice Training: CPR, PEM, and nationally recognized personal restraint model.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required, some college credit, preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Demonstrate to criteria while maintaining current in CPR, PEM and nationally recognized personal restraint model must be obtained during pre-service training.
- Demonstrate to criteria nationally recognized personal restraint model.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
- Will participate in advanced training activities.
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Must be up to date with all immunizations required by Employee Health.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 4, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.