Trauma Surgery Job In Orange Park, Florida
Trauma Medical Director Opportunity in Jacksonville, FLNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Surgery Critical Care
Job Summary:Orange Park Medical Center is seeking a Trauma Medical Director to join trauma surgery team.
- 12-hour primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hour secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- ED Volume: 112k annual; 54 beds
- Total trauma admits average 100 per month (1200-1300 annual)
- Averaging 2-3 Acute surgeries per day
- Must be board certified in General Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for pre-op/ post-op visit
- Previous Director experience with state and regional exposure
About Trauma Services:
- The only Level ll Trauma Center in Clay County, Orange Park Medical Center has the proven expertise to save lives within the golden hour
- Being a Level ll Trauma Center means we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients
- Our standards and performance are regularly reviewed by the Florida Department of Health
About Orange Park Medical Center:
- Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service, acute-care hospital with 365 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
- The only level II trauma center in Clay County
- Short ER wait times and two free-standing emergency rooms located in West Jacksonville
- 24/7 on-site imaging and radiology services
- 24-bed inpatient psychiatry unit, 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and 28 ICU beds.
- Committed to Graduate Medical Education with ten residency and fellowship programs including cardiovascular disease, dermatology, hospital and palliative medicine, emergency medicine, family medicine, surgery, hematology and medical oncology, internal medicine, psychiatry and transitional year. By the year 2022, we will expand our ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs to 175 residents and fellows.
Orange Park is located in Clay County just south of Jacksonville on the banks of the St. Johns River. ClayCounty has grown 18 percent since 2003 with a population in 2007 of approximately 185K residents. The median age in the community is 37 years of age, and a median household income is over $64,300K.
Orange Park is part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan area, which comprises over a million people. About 20 minutes from the beaches, OrangePark offers excellent public and private schools, and a scenic riverside lifestyle.
Orange Park Medical Center is a full service, acute care hospital with 297 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to the counties of Clay, St. Johns and southern Duval. The continuous commitment to providing the highest level of quality care and service has taken Orange Park Medical Center from being a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. In November 2011, Orange Park opened a Provisional Level II Trauma Center that will save countless lives.
Recent growth projects include expansion of the Emergency Department (ED) and a bed expansion to the North tower. Orange Park Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Orange Park Medical Center was again named one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Only 7% of eligible hospitals nationwide earned the award for both 2010 and 2011. Orange Park consistently receives top scores from CMS for patient care in the categories of Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care.
Included among Orange Park’s awards and accreditations is recognition for effectively treating stroke and heart patients. This was highlighted in 2011 with the Chest Pain Center Accreditation and the American Heart and Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus” award and in 2012 the “Get with the Guidelines Heart Failure Bronze” award.
Orange Park Medical Center’s mainstay is its well-trained, dynamic medical staff. Its medical staff of more than 700 physicians represents nearly all specialties and is supported by over 1,450 highly skilled employees. Board certification/eligibility is a requirement for credentialing for the facility.