Orthopedic Spine Surgery Job In Chattanooga, Tennessee
Physician's Assistant Orthopaedic Spine Opportunity in Chattanooga, TNNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Parkridge Health System in Chattanooga, Tennessee is seeking an experienced orthopaedic spine physician’s assistant to join a busy 8-provider practice for a March 2022 start.
- Certified and experienced physician’s assistant
- Must be experienced in orthopaedics/spine surgery
- Active Tennessee license or the ability to obtain one
- Must be comfortable with providing care in the office and in the hospital setting
- Comprehensive and robust benefits package to include medical, dental, 401k, CME
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Employment with HCA Physician Services Group
- Relocation support is available
About the Practice:
- High volume spine practice with three orthopedic surgeons, one PM&R, and three other PA’s
- Established and reputable practice since 1978
- Spine Surgery Associates treats and manages cervical, thoracic, and lumbosacral spine disorders
- 1:4 office call
- Surgeries at one hospital
About Parkridge Medical Center:
- 275-licensed bed hospital
- Primary stroke and advanced cardiovascular center
- 24/7 tele-neurology support for acute stroke and other neurologic emergencies
- Accredited chest pain center
- Advanced surgical services including endovascular care and orthopedic/spine procedures
Tucked between the mountains of Southeast Tennessee, along the beautiful Tennessee River, Chattanooga is one of America’s most breathtaking, technologically progressive and recreationally attractive cities anywhere. There is a world of outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, live events, art and world-class attractions awaiting.
Nestled in the heart of the Southeast, Chattanooga is within a day’s drive to almost one-third of the major U.S. market and the densely populated cities of Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville and Birmingham (within 140 mile radius). The city approximates 169,000 population; MSA of 426,000 residents situated in the Great Tennessee Valley.
Chattanooga enjoys an abundance of natural beauty; located where several Mountain ranges converge bringing the states of Tennessee, northern Georgia, North Carolina together at the base of the Great Smoky Mountains. The Tennessee River, which winds through much of Hamilton County, feeds into Lake Chickamauga providing an endless array of water sports. Other unique outdoor activities range from hang-gliding off Lookout Mountain to inner tubing/canoeing down the Sequatchie River to White Water Rafting the Great Ocoee River (third white water river in the US, host to the Summer Olympics) to biking, golfing or horseback riding amidst the scenic backdrop of the mountains.
The recently revitalized Downtown Riverfront draws tourists and residents alike for afternoon/evening strolls. Chattanooga city attractions include: the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX Theater, Chattanooga Choo-Choo, Rock City, Coolidge Park, Ruby Falls, the Incline, the Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Regional History Museum, Houston Museum of Decorative Arts, Hunter Art Museum, Southern Belle Riverboat, Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park and the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. The city supports a vibrant Arts Council (ranked 12th in the nation in per capita donations for the Arts) supporting several fine theaters, Ballet, Chattanooga Symphony and the Opera.
In addition to the significant tourism industry, Chattanooga is also a major industrial city with an extensive network of transportation systems including the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport.
Chattanooga’s school system, public and private, assure a strong foundation for area children. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga offers a wide range of majors in undergraduate and graduate courses in addition to graduate medical education.
Not to be understated, one of the area’s greatest features is financial. Moderate cost of living, low property taxes, No State Personal Income Tax contributes to a more prosperous lifestyle.
Parkridge Medical Center, a member of the TriStar Health System, has provided excellent healthcare to Chattanooga since we opened our doors on February 28, 1971. Our approach to healthcare is on the cutting edge, but our soul is in traditional medicine. Patients and family members come first. We have had a long-standing commitment to our community and mission to provide compassionate care close to home. It is this commitment that has fueled our growth, energized our staff, satisfied our patients and propelled us to become an outstanding healthcare facility. We are very proud that Parkridge has a Pastoral Care Service to help our patients with life's difficulties.