Physician Assistant Job In New Orleans, Louisiana
Acute Care Surgical Physician Assistant Opportunity at Tulane Medical CenterNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Surgery Acute Care
Surgery Critical Care
Job Summary:The Department of Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking an acute care physician assistant or nurse practitioner to join their team.
- Excellent opportunity for a physician assistant or nurse practitioner to work in a hospital-based surgical practice
- PA or NP board certified or eligible for Louisiana license
- This position will work as part of a team with our acute care surgeons, residents and fellows, and will be involved in all aspects of patient care
- Function independently to provide both inpatient and outpatient care
- Facilitate patient’s transition within health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients
- Assist in acute care of patients, follow-ups, messages and prescription refills
- Assist with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations, including serving in the first assisting role
- Assist in minor procedures such as incision and drainage, aspirations, biopsies, wound suturing, drain removals, wide local excisions, and dressing changes
- Facilitate staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Assist with the outpatient clinic for the follow up of acute care surgery patients
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills, including Word Excel and Power Point
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.
New Orleans is one of America's most livable and interesting cities, a harmonious blend of old and new. Cradled within a crescent on the the lower Mississippi River, New Orleans began as a French colony in 1718. It was ruled alternately by the French and Spanish until the Louisiana Purchase by the United States in 1803. The French Quarter, or Vieux Carré, is the site of the original settlement. The Quarter streets remain essentially as they were 250 years ago. Much of the city's charm is reflected here in its architecture, language, cuisine and unique traditions. From the Vieux Carré, the city spreads to other areas, each with distinctive culture, architecture, and traditions. The Garden District is a magnificent assemblage of ante-bellum and Victorian mansions. Other popular residential areas are found in the uptown university section and along the shores of Lake Pontchartrain.
Enthusiasts of boating, fishing, tennis, biking, roller-blading, jogging, and other outdoor activities appreciate the year round mild climate. Numerous 5K and 10K races are scheduled throughout the year. Cultural offerings include symphony, theater, opera, the New Orleans Museum of Art, the nationally-acclaimed D-day Museum, the world-class Audubon Zoo and the Aquarium of the Americas. The city is also home to the New Orleans Saints NFL football team, and the New Orleans Zephyrs AAA baseball team, and the New Orleans Brass Ice Hockey Team. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. Residents may take advantage of numerous recreational programs and facilities. Both Audubon Park and City Park are within easy reach of the medical school. Tickets to Tulane University football and basketball games are free to Tulane University students and are available at discounted prices to members of the University community.
Southeast Louisiana's proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and its abundant bayous, lakes, and rivers make it a paradise for seafood lovers. The world-famous cuisine of this city, a unique blend of French, Spanish, Caribbean, African, Latin American and Southern US influences, is served in restaurants ranging from elegant, old-line establishments to small, family owned ethnic and neighborhood favorites. New Orleans is an extremely affordable city. Reasonably priced housing of all kinds is widely available. Abundant opportunities for free or inexpensive recreation include beautiful urban parks, street musicians and artists, and the city's hundreds of National Historic Register landmarks, streets and neighborhoods.
Tulane Medical Center is an award-winning hospital and ER in New Orleans and offers advanced medical care in the Jefferson and Orleans parishes. The emergency room (ER) is within walking distance of the French Quarter, with fast average ER wait times.
The New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of pediatric and family care services. Make an appointment with one of our medical experts today!
Tulane Medical Center has two satellite campuses, Tulane Lakeside Hospital in Metairie, and Lakeview Regional Medical Center in Covington.