Hospitalist Job In Puyallup, Washington
Medical DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
The Hospitalist Program
Good Samaritan Hospital is part of the MultiCare Health System, a comprehensive, not-for-profit medical system, serving the growing populations of Pierce and King Counties in the greater Puget Sound of Washington. This is a 389 bed Level 1 trauma rehabilitation center located minutes from Tacoma and Seattle, WA. This facility is part of a 5 hospital system, located just minutes from each other.
- The hospitalist team consists of 38 physicians, 8 nurse practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- 7 clinical shifts a month with the rest being administration time
- Closed ICU
- Hospitalists respond to codes and rapid response, intensivist runs codes
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist experience preferred or 2+ years hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
Just 40 minutes from Seattle and 20 minutes from Tacoma, WA you are able to enjoy suburban life with easy access to the city and airports. Enjoy the plethora of outdoor activities the area offers from snow and water sports, fishing, kayaking, golfing, hiking/camping, rock climbing, or the many other outdoor activities available. Enjoy 4 seasons and a mild climate, there is something to do outside at any time. You can drive to Seattle and attend a concert, comedy club, or live music but if sports are more your thing, we offer professional football, baseball, soccer, and hockey. You can even partake in some Division I collegiate sports. With the many museums and parks, you and your family will never run out of things to be involved in.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.