Internal Medicine Critical Care Job In Berkeley, California
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical CareNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Located in Berkeley, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is a 374-bed, full-service, not-for-profit hospital serving residents in the northern California San Francisco Bay Area. The hospital has received awards for cardiac care, women’s and children’s services, cancer care, and orthopedic care.
- Team of 11 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Closed, 30-bed ICU; medical, surgical, and neuro patients
- Schedule: 12-hour day shifts, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., 14 shifts per month, block shift schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in TX; ACNP or PA with active BLS/ACLS certification required
- Minimum 1 year of practice experience critical care ACNP/PA required
Location & Lifestyle
The San Francisco Bay area is one of the nation’s top destinations to explore, combining history, diversity, innovation, and a hub for culinary and cultural enthusiasts. Quaint towns dotting the waterfront offer scenic views, exquisite shopping and museums, and endless outdoor activity options.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.