Pharmacy Technician Job In Jacksonville, Florida
Pharmacy Technician (PHARMTECH) - Multiple LocationsNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family
Serving America's military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers with rewarding career opportunities.
URGENT: We are looking for a qualified Pharmacy Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Portsmouth Naval Base, in Portsmouth, Norfolk, VA & the Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL & others
Working inside the gates of a military installation is an experience unlike any other. We welcome you to come in from the storm and enjoy set schedules, structured, clean, and quiet environments, and a better work/life balance. Come see what base life is REALLY like at a military treatment facility. You will be happily surprised how different everything can be when serving America's military families.
• Status: Full-Time
• Locations: Norfolk, VA - Jacksonville, FL & others
• Rate: $16.58 - $28.08 / Hourly (depending on location)
• Schedule: Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 7:00, am – 7:00 pm.
• Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays.
- 401(k) Plan.
The Pharmacy Technician must have the following qualifications:
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military,
- Certification: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association or American Red Cross Healthcare Provider Course.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months experience within the preceding 24-months working as a pharmacy technician.
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the last two years attesting to the Healthcare Worker’s (HCW’s) clinical skills. One letter must be from a practicing pharmacist or pharmacy supervisor who has personally observed and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW’s clinical skills in the care of patients. The other letter may be from a clinic or hospital administrator, physician, or nurse who has personal knowledge of the HCW’s patient care skills in a similar clinical environment. Reference letters shall attest to the HCW’s communication skills and ability to relate to patients as well as professional and other interpersonal skills among staff members and must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address, and signature of the individual providing reference.
APPLY HERE: matrixproviders.com/job-openings
(Click on the Title header to alphabetize and search for 'Pharmacy' and see all locations)
Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship, and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women since day one. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Your Success is our business.
Matrix Providers, founded in 2010 by Dr. Bill Rivard, retired Colonel, is a service-disabled veteran owned business that contracts with government agencies to provide healthcare providers to military and government clinics/hospitals throughout the United States. We employ physicians, allied health, mid-level providers, nurses, assistants, technicians, etc. We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees and competitive income packages to Part Time and Independent Contractors. Due to working on a military base, in most cases, you can practice with an active/current license in any one of the fifty states.
Thanks for considering Matrix Providers as your future career partner.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.