Medical Records Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Medical Records Analyst - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Medical Records Analyst, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will perform detailed technical work involved in the analysis of inpatient, outpatient and intensive behavioral health medical records to ensure completeness of the records and compliance with CMS/TJC and Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) requirements for a complete medical record. Abstract data from medical records for quality monitoring activities and enters the information into a database and scans paper medical record documents into the electronic health record.
Schedule: Full-Time, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM Monday-Friday
Location: Downtown Hospital
- Performs quantitative analysis and identifies deficiencies in inpatient, outpatient and behavioral health medical records. Notifies providers of deficiencies and performs a quantitative check on records until complete.
- Abstracts medical information from hospital and behavioral health medical records for performance improvement and infection control measures and a variety of other monitoring activities.
- Scans and uploads paper medical records created during patient's hospitalization.
- Ensures that each discharged record is complete containing all required reports and signatures.
- Reconciles the receipt of all discharge records as compared to the Discharged Patient Report. Reviews each discharged patient demographics for accuracy.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze information and identify detailed information for quality monitoring and complete the work with a high rate of accuracy
- Experience in a Health Information department with knowledge of medical record practices, preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel
- Good communication skills when communicating with all levels of staff, inside and outside of the department
- Knowledge of general office duties, following instructions, organization, problem solving, working in a team environment, and adapting to change
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
- Participation in mandatory in-service training and online e-learning.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 7th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.