Nurse Practitioner Job In
Experienced Cardiology Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Denver ColoradoNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Cardiology nurse practitioner needed to join in a fast-paced, highly efficient cardiology service at Swedish Medical Center in south Denver
- Board certified NP with at least 1 year experience in APP role in an ambulatory or acute care setting (new grads eligible only with extensive cardiology/CV/CT RN background)
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting
- Experience preferred with rounding on CV consults and inpatients: HF Rounding, cardiothoracic surgical rounding
- Procedure supervision, program development, and accreditation status supervision
- Four 10 hour shifts per week, rotating weekends; no call
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401k, discounted stock purchase plan, etc.
- An acute care level I trauma hospital with 408 licensed beds, Swedish is located in Englewood in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 100 years.
- Swedish Medical Center is part of HealthONE, and serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for neurotrauma.
- Swedish was the region’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
The Denver, Colorado metro area is home to 2.7 million people on the western edge of the Colorado High Plains, just east of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Denver is the capitol of the nation's 5th fastest growing state with a growth rate that has consistently outpaced the nation since the 1930's. Forbes Magazine tagged Denver as the most stable real estate market in the US.
The Denver metro area consistently tops the lists of most livable cities. We enjoy a panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains, the nation's largest public park system, and 300+ days of sunshine a year. The climate offers the best of 4 seasons with mild winters averaging daily high of 45 degrees. Our famed Colorado "champagne-powder" snow melts quickly in Denver's sunshine. Low humidity and cool mornings & evenings explain Colorado's status as one of the top summer vacation destinations.
It's no wonder that Metro Denver's active residents are among the nation's healthiest. After work or school, we enjoy the miles and miles of community walk/bike trails and rich variety of recreation centers and amateur athletic leagues. Families love Denver's Zoo--4th most popular in the U.S and the Botanic Gardens which ranks 5th in the U.S. On weekends and days off, the famous mountain trails, rivers & resorts are just 90 minutes from your doorstep.
Denver fields 8 pro sports teams and is the only city with three new world-class stadiums. A phenomenal array of cultural attractions visit The Denver Performing Arts Complex--the largest such facility under one roof outside of New York City. Music aficionados know that Colorado's festivals and venues like the Red Rocks Amphitheater earn a spot on every major national tour.
Swedish Medical Center is an acute care hospital with 368 licensed beds, a Level I Trauma Center, and serves as a regional referral center for neurotrauma and stroke. Swedish's Centers of Excellence include: Adult and Pediatric Trauma Services, Neurosciences, Advanced Radiology Capabilities, Cancer Treatment Services, Cardiology Services and Women's & Children's Services. Swedish is located in the south Denver among Colorado's best neighborhoods and school districts. Swedish is the 2006-2011 Consumer Choice Award Winner as the preferred Hospital in Denver.