Secretary & Assistant Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Administrative Assistant - Child and Family Translational Research Center - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary : In a career as an Administrative Assistant, you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Monday through Friday day hours.
• Performs general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
• Greets visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person or office.
• Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
• Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
• Makes travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
• Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
• Completes departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
• Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
Required Qualifications :
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical work is required.
• Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and filing methods.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 11, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.