Urology Job In Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Urology Opportunity in Fort Walton Beach, FloridaNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Group is seeking to employ a Urologist to join their growing practice in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Urology
- New Physician
- The practice is willing to consider an exceptional new graduate
- Competitive wRVU model with first year guarantee
- HCA Healthcare employed position offering a full benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, HCA Healthcare retirement plan, 401K, CME, dues and subscriptions allowance and malpractice insurance
- No state income tax in Florida
- Attractive Monday through Friday office schedule at medical center allows plenty of time to enjoy the coastal lifestyle (ER call compensated separately)
- Great earning potential as practice has strong referral patterns and is currently operating at full capacity with growing community need
- Brand new office space conveniently located a few blocks from the hospital
- Well respected group with a support PA-C
- Holmium Laser, Davinci Xi robots available in OR
- Interventional Radiology 24/7 at hospital
- Hospitalists admit
About Fort Walton Beach Medical Center:
- 267-bed, HCA Healthcare hospital and Level II Trauma Center
- Expansion underway adding an additional 40 beds
- Pursuing certification as the region’s only Level I Trauma Center
- Currently hosting 3rd and 4th year D.O. students (Auburn University) with plans to engage in GME offerings in 2021
- Named among the top 10% in the nation by Healthgrades for cardiac surgery, joint replacement, and patient safety
- Listed as 4th highest in the nation for infection prevention by Consumer Reports
- Area’s only accredited Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center and cardiac program offering open heart surgery, Watchman, and TAVR
- Reputable and stable - HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare and is comprised of more than 180 hospitals and 1,800 sites of care in 21 states and the U.K.
The Greater Fort Walton Beach area is known for being a family friendly, southern town and is located between Pensacola and Panama City, along Florida’s panhandle known as the Emerald Coast. The Emerald Coast has some of the most beautiful, white sand beaches in the world. The popular family vacation destination of Destin is only a few miles away and offers world-class fishing, golf courses, shopping, restaurants, and of course, more white sand beaches. The Fort Walton Beach area is an ideal place to raise a family, boasting exceptional public schools consistently ranking among the top school districts in the state. In addition, the area offers a variety of fine arts including the symphony and ballet, and recreational activities to include boating, fishing and watersports.
Nestled along the emerald waters and white-sandy beach of Florida's GulfCoast, Fort Walton Beach is one of the country's best places to live. Fort Walton Beach is just six miles west of Destin and just a short drive from Panama City and Pensacola, Florida and Mobile, Alabama. Fort Walton Beach is experiencing some of the most significant growth in all of Florida, with the greatest percent of growth in the 55-64-age range.
One of the Best Places to Live
Fort Walton Beach features long, warm, sunny summers, and brief mild winters. The average high temperature is 63 degrees in February, 84 degrees in May, 90 degrees in August and 71 degrees in November. There are on average 343 sunny days per year in Fort Walton Beach.
- Voted Best Beach In The South and Top Family Destination 13 years running by Southern Living Magazine readers.
- Recently picked as the #1 Beach in America by USA Today readers.
- Ranked #2 on the Business Vitality Index by Moody’s Economy.com.
- Ranked #13 SmallCity on the Boomtowns of 2007 by Inc.
- “This is the place where you shrug off sophistication and wear your flip-flops.” Leisure World
- “Most striking about this part of Florida is the natural beauty of the area.” Corporate & Incentive Travel
Okaloosa County Schools
Okaloosa County School System Okaloosa County has 37 public schools, six private schools, and two vocational centers, all accredited by the State of Florida and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The school system is ranked as one of the best educational systems in the nation. Students from the system rank among the highest in the nation in SAT and ACT scores. The county also has one of the top rated Exceptional Child Programs for the gifted student, learning disabled and homebound students.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, with 257 licensed beds and a medical staff of over 200 physicians, representing more than 30 specialties, is the only full service acute care hospital in our Tri-County area.
According to the twelfth annual HealthGrades Hospital Quality in America Study, Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is ranked among the top 5% in the nation in Spine Surgery and General Surgery for the fifth consecutive year, in the top 10% in the nation in Overall Orthopedics for the sixth consecutive year and in Cardiac Surgery in 2010. HealthGrades is the leading independent healthcare ratings organization which annually assesses patient outcomes – mortality and complication rates – at virtually all of the nation’s nearly 5,000 nonfederal hospitals.
In addition to receiving the HealthGrades Excellence Awards in Cardiac, Orthopedic, General and Spine Surgery, the Medical Center is Five Star Rated in Coronary Bypass Surgery, Bowel Obstruction, Hip Fracture Repair, Spine Surgery, General Surgery, Appendectomy, Overall Orthopedic Services, Back & Neck Surgery. This recognition demonstrates Fort Walton Beach Medical Center’s commitment to ensuring the highest level of quality care and the best possible outcomes for our patients and their families. "
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America for the second year in a row. As the only hospital in the tri-county area named to this distinguished list in all four measure sets for two consecutive years, Fort Walton Beach Medical Center was recognized by The Joint Commission for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, children’s asthma, stroke and venous thromboembolism, as well as inpatient psychiatric services.
The Heart Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, with the area’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, provides the latest and most advanced treatments in cardiac care including: beating heart surgery, endoscopic vein harvesting, and cardiac catheterization with coronary angioplasty and stenting.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is the Tri County areas only Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by The Joint Commission. In achieving this designation, the Medical Center has demonstrated that its stroke program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes of stroke patients.
The Cancer Care Center is the area’s only comprehensive cancer care program certified by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. The Cancer Care Center’s program offers the latest in technology and treatment options as well as experienced oncology nurses, multidisciplinary support teams, education and resources for the cancer patient.