Trauma Surgery Job In Asheville, North Carolina
Surgery Research Director Opportunity in Asheville, NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Surgery Critical Care
Job Summary:Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina is seeking a Research Director for the Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) general surgery residency program. The Research Director will work with the MAHEC surgery residents, the research program manager, and the data scientist to support clinical research for the residents and faculty. The MAHEC program graduates five chiefs per year and has published 15 manuscripts in the last two years. Future directions will focus on prospective and RCT research.
- Board certified in General Surgery and BC/BE in Surgical Critical Care
- ATLS certification
- Preferred 3-6 years of experience as a practicing physician
- Willing to combine administrative and surgical duties
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Please note that this position does not offer visa support
- This is an employed position with HCA Healthcare
- Competitive salary driven by MGMA data and industry benchmarking
- Benefit offerings for you and your loved ones: health, dental, vision & pharmacy
- 401k and stock options
- CME allowance, relocation and signing incentives offered in most circumstances
About Mission Hospital:
- Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region’s only Level II Trauma Center (soon to be Level I), Comprehensive Stroke Center, Level III Epilepsy Center, Level III NICU, and includes the only children’s hospital in western North Carolina.
- Recognized by Healthgrades as This hospital for America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ in 2021.
- Awarded an 'A' in the fall 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- Magnet® designated hospital for nursing excellence.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital's Heart Services was named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the seventh consecutive year, Mission Health System was named as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.