Secretary & Assistant Job In Rolla, Missouri
Medical Office Secretary
This job was posted 4 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Rolla, Missouri 65401 Type of Facility: Hospital
- This position represents the Physicians Clinics on the telephone and at the front desk. The position requires a high level of professionalism and customer service skills. Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task efficiently and perform in fast paced work environment. Other duties within scope as assigned.
- Answers telephone promptly and directs calls appropriately.
- Greets patients warmly and respectfully.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with patient and significant others and keeps them informed.
- Obtains complete demographic and insurance information and enters into the system accurately.
- Respects the confidentiality of patient information and adheres to regulations for the privacy of protected health information.
- Schedules appointments according to established protocols. Informs and sets up patients and/or guardian for the patient portal at the time of service. Makes patient confirmation calls and directs patient to the patient portal for registration and to complete necessary paperwork.
- Shows concern and respect for others by dealing with people in a compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner.
- Takes accurate messages and processes them in a timely manner.
- Updates Patient Demographic and any other necessary forms to be completed at the time of each encounter.
- Informs and sets up patients and/or guardian for the patient portal at the time of service and informs and educates patients regarding the benefits of signing up for the patient portal.
- Verifies insurance coverage and collects co-payments at time of service. Performs verification of insurances and informs patients of their financial agreement with their insurance carrier.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, is a team player, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Preference for graduate of an accredited medical receptionist or similar program, or two years in a health care setting will be considered.
- Prefer two years working in general medical office or similar healthcare experience. Experience with equal level of responsibility and customer service will be considered.
- American Heart Association, Basic Life Support certification required.
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
- Medical office environment. Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Phelps Health, one of the largest employers in the region, is seeking talented people who are committed to integrity, compassion, innovation and philanthropy. Phelps Health has a variety of job opportunities available, including clinical positions, such as nurses and care providers, as well as non-clinical careers, such as support staff. All of our employees make a difference in the patient experience, no matter what role they serve. Find your career at Phelps Health today.