Business Professional Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Business Systems Analyst - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
In a career as a Business System Analyst you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. The Business System Analyst reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems and user needs. This position also documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Liaises between end-users and vendors and Information Technology personnel.
- Consults with department managers and staff to determine operational objectives by understanding business functions; gathers information and evaluates output requirements to promote operating efficiency.
- Communicates and understands technical information related to existing and upcoming systems.
- Develops supporting documentation for outlining requirements, business use cases, risks, recommendations, system design, and testing plans.
- Monitor’s system and business operations, anticipates future needs, and plans accordingly to meet those needs and document costs.
- Coordinate’s implementation of new systems; confers with appropriate managers and staff to resolve issues.
- Provides training and support to end-users.
- Provides reports for departmental data requests.
- Champion’s policy creation or revision.
- Recommends and facilitates new workflows, forms, or processes to increase performance or streamline a manual process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including system analysis, gathering requirements, prioritizing, documenting, and developing plans.
- May require on-call work to provide additional support and may require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Understands business issues and data challenges.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of software or web development and web browsers.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.