Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Omaha, Nebraska
Transport Courier - (Omaha, Nebraska, United States)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Director of Clinical Laboratory Services and Lead Transport Courier, provides pick-up and delivery service for various departments and sites. Maintains appropriate logs and records and performs various routine clerical functions as directed. Operates vans or other motor vehicles as necessary.
Schedule: Varied Casual Shifts M-F
- Transport/delivers supplies, mail, human specimens, instrumentation, and printed materials to/from various locations ensuring proper care of items handled during transport.
- Prepares and maintains accurate transportation logs, vehicle fuel consumption logs, and other data as required.
- Operates vehicles in compliance with all FFBH policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal motor vehicle regulations, laws, and ordinances.
- Communicates need for or arranges for both scheduled and nonscheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment or devices to prevent injuries or exposures related to the transport of human specimens, heavy objects or other materials of trade.
- Remains informed of process changes or unplanned transport needs through written, verbal and electronic forms of communication.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely in compliance with motor vehicle regulations.
Ability to work independently and exhibit above average time management skills.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- High school diploma or equivalent required (previous courier related experience can be counted in lieu of a High School diploma)
- Must possess a valid driver's license, with a good driving record, and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
- Previous courier experience, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 13, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
What would happen if you could ?improve circumstances for those who are suffering from abuse, addiction, abandonment or violence, so they could reach their potential?
That is the question Boys Town has spent a century answering. It is what inspired and drove our founder, Father Edward J. Flanagan, and it continues to motivate our mission to this day.
Boys Town believes today, as our founder did 100 years ago, that every child deserves a future, every family deserves to stay together and every community deserves to thrive. And we believe that all of these things should be achievable without regard to race, religion or background.
So, for the young man dodging gunfire on the streets just to get to school, the family torn apart by substance abuse, and the community crumbling from neglect and social disorder, Boys Town offers hope. But we offer hope as more than just an abstract concept; we substantiate it with programs and solutions grounded in our deep experience and supported by our decades of research.
Though we have grown to become a national organization that reaches communities from coast to coast, and our scope has expanded to include in-home family counseling, health care and programs to rebuild at-risk schools, Boys Town remains forever driven by our founder’s singular vision. And with your help, we will do so well into our second century and beyond.