Hospitalist Job In Tucson, Arizona
Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse PractitionerNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an acute care nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is one of only three accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute, has a comprehensive Women’s Care Program, and a nationally-certified Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
- 486-bed community hospital with 44-bed Medical-Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12 bed Neuro CCU and Step Down Unit and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms
- The hospitalist team consists of 19 physicians, 4 APPs, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Excellent sub-specialty backup
- No procedures
- Closed ICU; Sound critical care team provide excellent 24/7 ICU coverage
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our Sound Physicians team includes three service lines- emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine – all working together for additional collegiality and exceptional results including higher patient satisfaction!
Requirements of Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within ACNP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona and a minimum of one year of acute care experience as an ACNP
Location & Lifestyle
Tucson, AZ is a city in the county seat of Pima County, Arizona, United States, and home to the University of Arizona. Tucson is the second-largest populated city in Arizona behind Phoenix, which both anchors the Arizona Sun Corridor. The city is located 108 miles southeast of Phoenix and 60 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Located in southern Arizona, Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for the outdoor enthusiast. Annually Tucson observes 360 sunny days providing year-round access to recreational activities including rock-climbing, snow-skiing camping, and hiking bicycling along with the areas 800+ miles of biking paths. Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high-quality care, and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona.
- Accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as Chest Pain Centers.
- The Carondelet Hospitals are nationally recognized for their commitment to high quality by the US World News for highly performing regional care in Heart Failure, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is recognized also for COPD.
- The rehabilitation program has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for both its cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation programs. Additionally, The Inpatient Rehabilitation program at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is by CARF International, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.