Physician Assistant Job In Fort Wayne, Indiana
Experienced CV Surgery APP in Fort Wayne (first surgical assist role)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Georgie Shea: Sign in to view
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46804 Type of Facility: Hospital
Lutheran Hospital and Lutheran Medical Group (140+ Physicians and **Advanced Practice Providers) are seeking an additional Advanced Practice Provider with ideally 3+ years of experience in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery to improve efficiency and workflow for our patients.
- Incoming APP would be involved in complex Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic surgical patients as part of a highly specialized team (Indiana Ohio Heart).
- There are currently 4 Surgeons, 3 PAs and 2 NPs
- Responsibilities include conduit harvesting for cardiac and vascular cases, first assisting in surgery, rounding on hospitalized patients, and caring for outpatient office patients
- Weekday and weekend call to include OR and calls from the hospital staff .This is shared among the APPs and will be a 1:6 rotation
- No in-house call
Competitive financial package to include salary, incentive bonus, CME allotment and comprehensive benefits package.
Lutheran Hospital is a 396 bed tertiary care facility that opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1904. Lutheran’s areas of specialized care include northern Indiana’s only heart and kidney transplant programs, a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program and a certified primary stroke center.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+ and clinic draw of 1.2 M
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses, 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking, and 300 lakes within 50 miles
- Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central Art and culture; Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
www.visitfortwayne.com, www.cityoffortwayne.org, www.fwchamber.org
The community of Fort Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live and work; earning the All-American City Award and the City of Livability Award. Our community is affordable with a cost of living 9% below national average. The education system includes universities, colleges and excellent private and public schools. Art and cultural activities are abundant with an award winning zoo, nature trails, orchestra, museum in addition to professional sports, minor league and Division I college sports. Furthermore, it is a short drive to major metropolitan areas like Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati.
Medical practices attracted to city
Fort Wayne is one of the best places in the country to open a medical practice, according to a Pennsylvania-based firm that estimates small-business values.
Fort Wayne ranked fourth in the latest rankings from BizEquity. Business values are based on what they would be sold for in the open market, said Tom Taulli founder of BizEquity, which released the rankings Friday.
Taulli said 150 cities with populations exceeding 100,000 were evaluated for the study. Indianapolis ranked 15th.
BizEquity’s rankings consider revenue, number of employees, local economic environment and market share. The firm doesn’t consider medical practices valued at more than $10 million, Taulli said.
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility that opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1904. Lutheran's areas of specialized care include northern Indiana's only heart and kidney transplant programs, a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program and a certified primary stroke center. Lutheran's trailblazing history of heart care is also evident through its accreditations as a heart failure institute and chest pain center. It has also achieved advanced certification from The Joint Commission for ventricular assist devices. Lutheran Children's Hospital teams with more than 75 pediatricians practicing in 27 areas of pediatric specialty in an environment filled with imagination and color. Lutheran Hospital is committed to providing the highest level of expertise and technology locally so patients don't have to travel hours from home to receive the care they deserve.
Lutheran Health Network, whose members are owned by subsidiaries of Community Health Systems, is an integrated healthcare delivery system and the largest healthcare provider in the region with eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds including 793 in Allen County alone. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is a strong team consisting of more than 7,000 associates. Each network entity offers a wide range of services and specialties. LHN facilities had more than 41,500 inpatient admissions and more than half a million outpatient visits in 2012.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized care through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of Lutheran Health Network allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable it to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
Network members include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Ft. Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of the network located in northwestern Ohio.