Medical Technologist / Clinical Laboratory Scientist Job In Gunnison, Colorado
Medical Technologist/ Medical Lab Technician - Relocation Assistance!
This job was posted today. Be one of the first applicants.
$3000 Stay Bonus and Relocation Assistance offered!
Help to uncover mysteries and provide clarity and hope using your behind the scenes detective skills. The Laboratory at Gunnison Valley Health is proud to be accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), a prestigious accreditation not easily upheld. We are looking for the right person to join our small and highly qualified team of Laboratory Professionals and continue with us on the journey to provide exceptional care to our patients.
Here at Gunnison Valley Health, your good work will be rewarded. In addition to a competitive salary, a generous and affordable medical/dental/vision plan, and a matching 401(a) there are other great perks including:
- Growth and Continual Learning (training to become section supervisor)!
- Work/Life balance in an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca
- No traffic, and a scenic commute to the office
- Over 300 days of sunshine/year
- Skiing/Hiking/Mountain Biking/Fishing surrounded by thousands of acres of public land
- Relocation Assistance
To be seriously considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- Education: Completion of a Medical Technology Program approved by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institutes (CLSI) or three years of academic studies at an accredited college and completion of 12 consecutive months of internship in an accredited school of medical technology, leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: Must have completed an internship in an accredited school of Medical Technology. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques and instrumentation and the ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment while performing routine and emergency procedures.
- Licenses/Certification: ASCP board certified, or equivalent, or qualified through examination by the Health, Education and Welfare accreditation program.
- Skills –
- Knowledge of blood bank, chemistry, special chemistry, coagulation, hematology, serology, phlebotomy and minimal microbiology.
- Consistently reports stat results within 30-60 minutes
- Ability to test and report within the required turn-around-time, prioritizing appropriately. Communicates or resolves specimen or testing problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in routine (venipuncture) and special collection techniques by obtaining acceptable specimens including, blood gases, throat swabs, influenza swabs, timed specimens, blood culture collection, blood bank specimens, coagulation studies, difficult draws and special situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time
As the MT at Gunnison Valley Health, you will be performing various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. You’ll utilize your unique skills and ideas by:
- Referring unsolved problems to the appropriate person.
- Assisting, orienting, and training co-workers and other hospital/medical personnel in laboratory policies and procedures.
- Performing additional confirmation or alternative testing when appropriate.
- Demonstrating the ability to correlate lab results with clinical information and other laboratory results to assess/validate tests results and procedures.
- Demonstrating the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, calibrate and operate instruments to provide accurate and efficient testing.
Medical Technologist - $27.80 - $35.21/hr, DOE. (Opportunity for increase with 1 yr service if assigned a Section Supervisor role.)
Medical Technologist & Section Supervisor - $31.68 - $37.62/hr DOE.
Medical Laboratory Technician - $23.13 - $27.75/hr DOE
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following date of hire. PRN staff are not initially eligible for benefits, and GVH follows all Affordable Health Care Act Eligibility guidelines.
Gunnison, Colorado is a vibrant and diverse community surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. Its combination of natural beauty and recreational activities makes Gunnison the ideal place for an active lifestyle.
Whether you're interested in skiing or hiking, our unique location has it all. Enjoy exhilarating outdoor recreation, relaxing weather and breathtaking wilderness. All within a hometown setting where you'll still find authentic Western heritage, unspoiled nature and friendly, unpretentious people.
Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and the surrounding areas. Gunnison Valley Health is proud to provide a comprehensive spectrum of care for the varied health requirements of our community members throughout every stage of their lives.
Gunnison Valley Health is not just a hospital, it is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare. From our Family Birthing Center to our Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together!