Hospitalist Job In Cedar Rapids, Iowa
HospitalistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction, and financial performance for its hospital partners nationwide. Sound combines a high-performance model with engaged providers to drive reproducible results across the acute care episode – through anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, telemedicine, and physician advisory services.
Mercy Medical Center is a Catholic hospital in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and is a non-profit, acute-care medical center with a level II trauma center. The smaller of two metro hospitals, Mercy frequently ranks as either the best in Iowa or one of the top three. Mercy Cedar Rapids is independent and not directly affiliated with other Mercy hospitals across the state and country.
- 242-bed, not-for-profit hospital
- An established team of 15 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 20-bed, open ICU with 24/7 in house intensivist support; Procedures are not required
- No call environment
- Hospitalists run codes
- Schedule: Flexible, 7on/7off
- J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Awards and Recognitions of Mercy Medical Center – Cedar Rapids
- Mercy Cedar Rapids receives the Summa Cum Laude Honor Roll from Epic in June 2021
- Named one of the nation’s top 100 Top hospitalist by Truven Health Analytics
- Top 100 Hospitalist for Patient Experience
- 100 Great Iowa Nurses awards
- Awarded a Gold Achievement Award by the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines (GWTG)
- Top 25 Hospitals for treatment of back and neck injuries
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Eastern Iowa, just a short 30-minute drive from Iowa City and The University of Iowa, the residents of Cedar Rapids enjoy a well-balanced quality of life that is the cornerstone of the town’s mindset. Cedar Rapids is among Forbes Magazine’s top 20 best places to live and Parenting Magazine has named the city “One of the 10 best cities in the United States to raise a family”. The Eastern Iowa area has one of the best educational systems in America, Cedar Rapids’ schools are among the top in the state. The city maintains outdoor and indoor ice rinks, public golf courses, cross-country ski trails, a toboggan run, municipal swimming pools, public tennis courts, and more than 40 baseball, softball and soccer fields. There are registered historic buildings to modern architecture to country living on acres of land, the area has housing to meet any family’s interests.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.