Hematology Oncology Job In Maine
Leadership Medical Oncologist - Cancer GeneticsNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Neal Fenster: Sign in to view
The Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute is seeking a full-time medical oncologist with expertise in cancer genetic risk assessment as an attending physician within the Cancer Risk and Prevention Clinic. Joining the current 2 physicians, 3 full-time and 1 part-time cancer genetic counselor; with plans to add an additional full-time counselor in the next year.
- Provide leadership and service at Maine Medical Center and throughout the rapidly evolving MaineHealth Cancer Care Network.
- Demonstrate expertise in the areas of predictive and preventive oncology, with a focus on the assessment and management of hereditary cancer susceptibility disorders.
- Expertise in molecular oncology is highly desirable and would add enormous value to our organization.
- Participate in the evolving Maine Cancer Genomics Initiative led by the Jackson Laboratory, in partnership with the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
- An appointment with the faculty of Tufts University School of Medicine and participating in the MMC-Tufts Medical School MaineTrack program are expected.
- Provide clinical leadership for our rapidly evolving cancer risk assessment service.
- Staff the cancer genetic clinic 2.5-days per week and the medical oncology clinic one day per week and support the ongoing growth of our telegenic services.
- Training and experience in health services research are desirable.
Situated on the Maine coast, Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness.?The area provides four-season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
For additional information, contact:
Enterprise Medical Recruiting
Job ID: PS-2203-91949
Enterprise Medical Recruiting, a leading physician, executive and advanced practice provider recruiting firm connects healthcare organizations with the most qualified, career-minded candidates. Our clients consist of hospitals, academic medical centers, integrated delivery systems and physician groups nationwide. Since 1990, Enterprise Medical Recruiting has been leading the physician recruiting market by offering an experienced staff and superior service to provide candidates and healthcare organizations with a positive and successful recruiting experience.