Medical Oncology Job In Jacksonville, Florida
FACULTY POSITION, DEPUTY DIVISION HEAD, CANCER MEDICINENext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Arin Catalan: Sign in to view
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, located in Northeast Florida, is actively seeking an experienced medical oncologist to join the Division of Cancer Medicine. This position will implement and oversee the development and growth of Medical Oncology at Baptist Medical Center South and Baptist Medical Center Clay (opening fall 2022), and report to the Head, Division of Cancer Medicine. Successful candidates will be board-certified with a record of clinical and academic accomplishment sufficient for an academic appointment at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of integrated oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides our faculty physicians a rewarding blend of focused patient care and scholastic activity in a hybrid clinical-academic model. Baptist Health is proud to be the region’s most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
- Assist in the development of Cancer Center’s strategic initiatives;
- Manage the program’s clinical growth and development in medical oncology care delivery and quality in collaboration with the Divisions of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Radiation Oncology;
- Promote professional behaviors and enhance quality of care;
- Recruit other highly qualified faculty members
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to our patient-centered multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer patient care including participation in quality management and research programs.
- Have a minimum of five years of clinical experience;
- Have prior leadership or management experience (preferred)
- Recognize the opportunity and rewards for a systems-based model of medical oncology care within a community setting;
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and scholarship.
- Receive and provide mentoring and other support to facilitate personal and professional goals
- Demonstrate the skills and experience necessary to establish and maintain an active clinical practice and develop areas of productive scholarship
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty.
World Famous Quality of Life
· Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences
· The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair
· Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
· Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
· Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
Beating cancer demands extraordinary expertise, delivered in a highly coordinated and personalized way, to provide the best possible outcomes for each patient.
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center combines the clinical breakthroughs of the number one cancer center in America and the full resources of North Florida’s largest and most preferred health system.
Our world-renowned doctors and team in Jacksonville provide access to the latest clinical trials, innovative technologies, and new targeted therapies, combined with holistic support for every aspect of care including nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, art therapy, physical therapy and yoga.
Our new center features award-winning design, views of the St. Johns River, and patient-centered services in a single location.
Meet our cancer team dedicated to providing comprehensive cancer treatment for patients in the Southeastern U.S. and beyond.