Hematology Oncology Job In Jacksonville, Florida
FACULTY POSITION: HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY SOUTHNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Arin Catalan: Sign in to view
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is actively seeking an experienced Hematology/Oncology physician to join our rapidly growing faculty at the Baptist Medical Center South. Clinical cancer care services on two campuses – Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville (BMCJ), and Baptist Medical Center South (BMCS) – provide seamless integrated care for the patient and the physician. Baptist Health is proud to be one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary model of care. We serve as the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson. Our rapid growth validates the unprecedented level of cancer care we bring to patients and families in our region, and provide our physicians with a blended model of focused patient care and academic pursuits.
We seek a candidate with
- Three or more years’ experience treating Hematologic Malignancies as well as General Oncology. Board-eligible individuals with focused commitment to hematology patient care will be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to a multidisciplinary, integrated model of cancer care.
- Support for our clinical, scholarly, and educational missions through development of standard patient care protocols, improvement of quality metrics and participating in scholarly work.
Baptist MD Anderson opened our 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care in 2018 at BMCJ. BMCS is ranked by US News & World Report as one of the top five hospitals in Florida. Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center at BMCS has leading cancer care physicians, targeted radiation therapy, infusion therapy, specialized oncology pharmacists, nurse navigators and other support team members to provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive care throughout your patient’s journey.
Candidates will be board-certified with a record of clinical and academic accomplishment and possess the skills and experience necessary to establish and maintain an active clinical practice and develop areas of productive scholarship. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to patient-centered multidisciplinary oncology care including participation in quality management and research programs sufficient to merit an academic appointment at MD Anderson in Houston. Leadership opportunities exist within the Division of Cancer Medicine, hematology program, and quality or research programs for the ideal candidate.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value which evolves from a diverse faculty. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to:
Edward Gorak, DO, MBA, MS, FACP
Head, Division of Cancer Medicine
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
World Famous Quality of Life
· Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences
· The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair
· Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
· Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
· Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
Beating cancer demands extraordinary expertise, delivered in a highly coordinated and personalized way, to provide the best possible outcomes for each patient.
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center combines the clinical breakthroughs of the number one cancer center in America and the full resources of North Florida’s largest and most preferred health system.
Our world-renowned doctors and team in Jacksonville provide access to the latest clinical trials, innovative technologies, and new targeted therapies, combined with holistic support for every aspect of care including nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, art therapy, physical therapy and yoga.
Our new center features award-winning design, views of the St. Johns River, and patient-centered services in a single location.
Meet our cancer team dedicated to providing comprehensive cancer treatment for patients in the Southeastern U.S. and beyond.