General Surgery Job In Corsicana, Texas
General Surgery Opportunity 55 Miles South of Dallas, TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Barry Edsell: Sign in to view
Corsicana, Texas 75110 Type of Facility: Hospital
Navarro Regional Hospital is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Surgeon to join their well-established hospital owned practice.
- Open to new graduates - OR - experienced candidates
- Bread and Butter General Surgery with ability to do GI procedures (required)
- Physician must live within the community rather than commute
- 30 total providers within the group
- The group has been together for about 12 years
- Replacing a retiring physician
- One other General Surgeon will be in the group
- Shared call
- No personal state income tax
- Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Less than an hour from Dallas on I-45
- Enjoy low cost of living in a safe, family-friendly community with a YMCA, ample parks, and country club
- Access to Richland Chambers Reservoir, the 3rd largest lake in Texas
- Home of the 2nd largest planetarium in Texas
Navarro Regional is offering a competitive recruitment package that may include:
- Competitive Salary (Based on MGMA guidelines)
- Commencement Bonuses
- Marketing and CME expenses
- Stipend available for graduating residents
- Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance
A growing community with a rich history, Corsicana residents like to say their town is “where Country meets Culture”. Located in East Texas, Corsicana reflects the friendliness and easy lifestyle of Texas living, but its proximity and easy access to Dallas (just an hour away via Interstate 45) also allows residents to experience the sights and sounds of the big city whenever they feel the urge. Simply stated, from Corsicana you can find everything from armadillos to antiques, fruitcakes (it’s the “fruitcake capital of America”) to fine western art.
With a city population around 26,000 and a county population of 50,000, Corsicana has grown 8% from 2000 to 2006. Founded on oil (Corsicana boasts the oldest commercial oil field in Texas), the economy is now more balanced, with energy, agriculture, and light manufacturing sectors. Almost 80 churches reflect the availability of almost all major denominations. Low cost of living, strong schools, and some exceptionally attractive established neighborhoods with handcrafted, custom built home from the early 1900s make this a great place to raise a family and enjoy life. One of the largest lakes in Texas—Richland Chambers Lake—is only 15 minutes away.
Navarro Regional Hospital, a 162-bed facility, is located in Corsicana, Texas, 60 miles southeast of Dallas. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and has a broad range of services, including Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Emergency Department, Inpatient Dialysis, Intensive Care Unit, Maternity Services, Outpatient Cardiac Rehab, Outpatient Surgery Center, Pediatric Services, Sleep Study Lab, Diagnostics Services, GI Procedures Lab, Kidney Stone Lithotripsy (On-site), Outpatient Physical Therapy, and Pain Management Services. The hospital features a recently built Medical Office Building (opened fall 2007) immediately adjacent to the main hospital building. Members of the medical staff enjoy a supportive and collegial relationship.