Trauma Surgery Job In Jacksonville, Florida
PRN - Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Surgery Opportunity in Jacksonville, FLNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join HCA Florida Memorial Hospital located in Jacksonville, part of Florida’s largest healthcare system with 11,000 physician colleagues. This APP will join a strong trauma surgical team providing acute care surgery and surgical ICU care. Trauma team is led by Dr. Michael Samotowka.
- Board certified as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Have a current, or be able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice in Florida - not
subject to any restrictions, probationary terms or conditions
- No history of license to practice being revoked, restricted or suspended by any professional licensing agency in any state or jurisdiction
- Have current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Supported by a multispecialty team of Cardiothoracic, Vascular, Orthopedic, Neurosurgery and Interventional Radiology
- 29 ORs and 36 ICU beds combined TICU/MICU
- 56-bed emergency department with 2 dedicated trauma bays and 4 additional critical care bays
- 2000+ annual trauma patients entered in the registry
- Florida State verified Level II Trauma Center
- Two In-house trauma staff surgeons everyday and one at night with APP coverage
- The acute care surgery team supported by six fulltime advanced practice professionals.
- The program participates in TQIP and TQIP collaboratives.
- Trauma service covers acute care surgery at least 22 days per month
- High volume of blunt / penetrating trauma (80% / 20%)
- Pediatric trauma (under 16 years old) stabilized and transferred to pediatric center
- HCA Florida Memorial Hospital is a full-service, acute-care hospital with 454 inpatient beds
- Level II trauma center
- Rated Leapfrog A for Patient Safety
- In 2021, over 130,000 patients treated, 84,717 ED visits, and 1067 births
HCA Florida Healthcare, a part of HCA Healthcare, is a family of more than 450 affiliated sites of care, including hospitals, physician practices, freestanding emergency rooms and urgent care centers, offering a collaborative network of personalized care. United as a statewide network in 2021, HCA Florida Healthcare includes approximately 11,000 experienced doctors and 77,000 colleagues working together to deliver high-quality, collaborative care to more than 6.4 million patients each year. HCA Florida Healthcare is committed to improving more lives in more ways and giving back to the communities, it serves. The network provided nearly $836.6 million in uncompensated care and invested significantly in innovative technologies and facilities across Florida, including the new $360 million state-of-the-art, multi-specialty HCA Florida University Hospital in Davie, Fla. A strong advocate for the next generation of healthcare professionals, HCA Florida Healthcare is also a major supporter of university-based healthcare programs and residencies and fellowships throughout the Sunshine State. For more information, please visit https://www.hcafloridahealthcare.com/
About Jacksonville, FL:
- With over 200 days of sunshine per year, no state income taxes, lower cost of living, proximity to 22 miles of beaches, the largest urban park system in the nation, world-class fishing, vibrant street arts scene, and local distilleries and craft breweries, Jacksonville is a top destination to work and live. It is the 12th largest city in the United States and more than 500 people move to Northeast Florida each week with jobs being the major driving relocation factor.
- Learn about the growing vibrant city of Jacksonville and surrounding area: