Nocturnist Job In Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – NocturnistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital West is a 154-bed, Level III trauma center, Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric care, as well as many other specialties. The hospital was previously awarded the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and was a Joint Commission Top Performer in 2015.
- Team of 14 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- No code requirement
- 14-bed, co-managed ICU with 24/7 intensivist coverage; procedures not required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in MO (ACNP, ANCC, AANP). Ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years of recent acute care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Lake Saint Louis is situated around two lakes and between Interstate 70 and Interstate 64 in western St. Charles County. The city’s central amenity are the two private lakes, but there are many other amenities that make Lake Saint Louis popular to residents and visitors alike. There are three shopping centers and numerous restaurants to choose from and is located a short 45-minute drive to downtown St. Louis. Lake Saint Louis is also home to one of the best school systems in the state. The St. Louis International Airport is also within a 30-minute drive.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.