Radiation Oncology Job In Altoona, Pennsylvania
Radiation Oncologist –Visa sponsorship - Generous Compensation -Sign-on Bonus- Well established practice - Job in Altoona, PANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Lori Leo: Sign in to view
Seeking a Radiation Oncologist at UPMC Altoona. Join a growing radiation oncology program with a strong medical oncology department feeder. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Radiation Oncology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J-1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Light call!
- Hours are Monday-Friday 8-5
- Join 1 other Rad Onc and 2 APPs
- No other market competition
- Option for an academic appointment if desired
- Opportunity to teach medical students
- Productive department seeing 40 pts/day
- Two linear accelerators
- EPIC and Cerner EMR
What we Offer
- Sign-on Bonus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus lucrative incentive program
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
- CME allowance of $5,000 plus 5 days
- 5-weeks PTO plus holidays
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center.
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
- UPMC Hillman Cancer Center connects patients to the integrated expertise of leading clinicians, academic researchers, specialty programs and treatment centers.
- By partnering with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the region, is accelerating the breakthroughs from the lab to clinical practice around the world.
- UPMC - nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for excellence in cancer care - has more than 70 cancer treatment locations throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York and Maryland as well as centers in Ireland and Italy. Backed by the collective strength of UPMC, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center provides leading-edge treatments and the latest in clinical investigations to transform cancer research, care and prevention—one patient at a time.
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, email@example.com
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.