Orthopedic Surgery - General Job In Altoona, Pennsylvania
Orthopaedic Surgeon – UPMC Altoona PA – Shoulder specialist - Sign-on bonusNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Lori Leo: Sign in to view
Orthopaedic Surgeon – UPMC Altoona PA – Shoulder specialist - Sign-on bonus
UPMC Altoona is recruiting an Orthopedic Surgeon with a strong interest in shoulder arthroplasty to step into a fully established practice with high volume patient base. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC/BE in Orthopedic Surgery with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Join a full-service practice with 6 orthopaedic surgeons and 6 Physician Assistants
- Shoulder/elbow specialist
- Clinical Academic appointment
- Trauma call 1:11
- Practice call 1:5
- Team physicians for local Division 1 University
- In-office imaging and PACS EMR system
- Newly constructed 90,000 sq ft medical office complex
- J1 and H1B sponsorship
What we Offer
- Generous salary plus incentive bonus
- $25,000 sign-on bonus
- Health, life, vision and disability insurance as well as retirement benefits
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance, professional dues
- Relocation allowance
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission-certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a renowned interventional neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, firstname.lastname@example.org
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.