Internal Medicine Job In Kansas City, Missouri
Hospital Medicine Medical Director Opportunity in Kansas City, MissouriNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:Research Medical Center is assisting in the search for a full-time Hospital Medicine Medical Director to lead a prestigious practice in Kansas City.
- Board certified in internal medicine or family practice
- Previous leadership experience required
- Clinical experience in a high-volume, urban facility with high acuity patients
- Must understand specifics and importance of CMS requirements (e.g. sepsis, STEMI, CHF, pneumonia, 30-day readmissions)
- Eligible for Missouri licensure and meets all credentialing requirements
- Competitive compensation and benefit package including medical and dental insurance
- Sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement
- 401k and elective deferral plan along with a business expense account
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in the heart of America. Research Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- With 590+ licensed beds, the hospital features a strong complement of subspecialists and robust inpatient services including level 1 trauma, level 1 STEMI, oncology, comprehensive stroke program, and many more key services.
- With over 700 doctors representing 29 medical specialties—we ensure that our patients’ needs are always met and that their expectations are continually exceeded. We are committed to the care and improvement of human lives.
If you are not familiar with Kansas City, let me tell you it is one of the best kept secrets in the US! Recently it was named one of the 10 best downtown areas by Forbes magazine. It is consistently listed as one of the top 10 places to live in the US due to the affordability of housing, great job market, cultural interests, sports activities and facilities, and geographic location. Even though KC is considered the Midwest, it is technically almost in the exact center of the US!
Although there had already been a wide variety of artists living, working, and coalescing around downtown Kansas City, the brand new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts just opened in September and quickly became central, and a visual monument to just how seriously Kansas City takes the arts. Combine that love of culture with a walkable and livable downtown, a wide variety of neighborhoods such as The Plaza, which is known for its upscale shopping and entertainment. Plus, everywhere you look in Kansas City, there’s another fountain dancing in front of you. They were one of the first cities in the US to add a pedestrian mall back in the fifties says Jason Clampet, senior online editor for Frommers.com. Plus you’ve got great barbecue there, and you can spend all day going from barbecue to barbecue joint . . . it’s that delicious. - Forbes Magazine
Research Medical Center provides quality healthcare services, giving patients access to highly trained physicians and advanced technology. The 590-bed hospital, located at 2316 East Meyer Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri, is one of the region’s leading acute-care hospitals and provides free parking to patients and visitors.
The hospital offers a range of services to patients, including emergency care with a Level I Trauma Center, a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and effective treatment for heart attack and sepsis. Other specialized programs include traumatic brain injury, TIA, Grossman Burn Center, Gastrointestinal (GI) Center of Excellence, oncology care in partnership with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, 24-hour obstetrics ER, Level III NICU, Transplant Institute, fertility program, Center for the Relief of Pain, orthopedics/sports medicine and much more.
In addition, patients can receive care for a wide range of medical specialties at the Brookside Campus and focused, compassionate mental health treatment at Research Psychiatric Center.