Internal Medicine Job In Asheville, North Carolina
Obesity Medicine Opportunity - Asheville, NCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Bariatrics Obesity Medicine
Job Summary:Mission Weight Management in Asheville, NC is seeking full-time bariatrician to join our multi-specialty team. The incoming candidate will be joining two physicians and three APPs. In addition, you will be supported by registered dieticians, mental health providers and exercise physiologists. Our team takes a multidisciplinary approach to provide the best obesity related care in western North Carolina.
- Board certified or board eligible
- Practicing physicians and new grads welcome to apply!
- Teaching opportunities available
- Supervision of APPs required
- Please note that this position does not offer visa support
- This is an employed position with HCA Healthcare
- Competitive salary driven by MGMA data and industry benchmarking
- Benefit offerings for you and your loved ones: health, dental, vision & pharmacy
- 401k and stock options
- CME allowance, relocation and signing incentives offered in most circumstances
About Mission Hospital:
- Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region’s only Level II Trauma Center (soon to be Level I), Comprehensive Stroke Center, Level III Epilepsy Center, Level III NICU, and includes the only children’s hospital in western North Carolina.
- Recognized by Healthgrades as This hospital for America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ in 2021.
- Awarded an 'A' in the spring 2022 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- Magnet® designated hospital for nursing excellence.
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area’s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.
While Asheville retains the charm and friendliness of a medium-sized city, it boasts the amenities of a much larger city. Theater, live music, festivals, excellent restaurants, diverse populations, art galleries, cultural diversions and museums abound. Eclectic art galleries, micro-breweries and cozy cafes can be found at every turn. A food lover's paradise, culinary offerings range from traditional southern comfort food to four-star cuisine. Asheville is also home to America's largest privately-owned home, the Biltmore Estate, and the historic Grove Park Inn. Downtown Asheville is pedestrian-friendly and dog-friendly, and the city's unique skyline of art-deco style buildings are surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 730 beds and serves as the tertiary referral center for Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital's Heart Services was named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics in 2013. For the seventh consecutive year, Mission Health System was named as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health System also has been recognized by The Commonwealth Fund as having one of the most effective quality improvement programs in US hospitals.