Orthopedic Hand Surgery Job In Tucson, Arizona
Hand & Upper Extremity Orthopedic Surgeon Needed in Beautiful Tucson, Arizona – Competitive Package and Hospital EmployedNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Sylvia Moyle: Sign in to view
Tucson, Arizona 85741 Type of Facility: Hospital Job Type:Employee
Northwest Healthcare is the largest hospital system in Southern Arizona and is seeking a BE/BC Hand and Upper Extremity Orthopedic Surgeon in beautiful Tucson, AZ.
- Hospital employed opportunity joining a large and very busy multispecialty group
- Physician must be board-certified or board-eligible in the US
- Hand/Upper Extremity fellowship required
- Physician outreach and marketing support provided to help establish your practice
- High patient volume opportunity
- Office space available
- Physicians start with one Medical Assistant, additional support provided as patient volume grows
- New grads are welcome to apply
- No visa sponsorship support available at this time
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- Relocation assistance
- Commencement bonus
- Medical loan repayment
- Excellent health benefits and 401K
- Potential retention and quality bonus opportunities
- Annual CME allowance
- Referral bonuses
NORTHWEST HEALTHCARE - Your Place to Shine!
Northwest Healthcare is the largest hospital system in Southern Arizona with an integrated healthcare network. It has expanded its services and footprint throughout Tucson and surrounding areas. With four hospitals (300-bed Northwest Medical Center, 146-bed Oro Valley Hospital, 18-bed Northwest Medical Center Sahuarita, and 145-bed Northwest Medical Center Houghton), Northwest Healthcare has positioned themselves strategically to become the healthcare service leader for Southern Arizona residents. In addition to the four hospitals, Northwest Healthcare also operates two freestanding emergency departments, two ambulatory surgery centers, three large provider groups (primary care, specialty care, and cardiology), and three urgent care centers.
TUCSON, AZ - Work. Live. Play.
Tucson is an oasis of recreation, history and leisurely activities. Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast, or enjoy endless entertainment options, Tucson has something for everyone. Known for its affordable housing and nationally recognized top rated schools, our community is a wonderful place to raise a family. Due to our close proximity to airports that will take you away on stunning vacations, the state of Arizona is filled with adventurous weekend getaways. Tucson is well-known for its majestic mountain ranges, hiking and biking trails, dining, beautiful desert scenery, and year-round outdoor activities. Tucson is a city rich in history and cultural events too. And, if you are a foodie, you will love Tucson! UNESCO named Tucson as the first City of Gastronomy in the United States! The culinary heritage is a perfect mix of Mexican and Native American tradition. Every bite is an experience!
Tucson is known for the following:
- A sunshine mecca with an average of 300+ days of sunshine a year
- Highly-rated golf, tennis and biking destination
- Year-round hiking! Discover a new trail to explore every weekend
- View the majestic Saguaro National Park and take the most stunning sunset photos
- Burgeoning microbrewery scene and award-winning regional wineries
- Sports galore! Of course there is the University of Arizona athletics, but did you know we have an ice hockey team in the desert, soccer and an indoor football league team?
- World-renowned spas and resorts (The Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain, Canyon Ranch, Miraval)
- The Tucson Gem & Mineral Show, the largest gem show in the world
- El Tour de Tucson is one of the largest road cycling events in the United States, attracting cyclists from all over the world
- Get your winter snow skiing fix just an hour away on Mount Lemmon
- Experience all four season in beautiful Northern Arizona and White Mountains, less than a four-hour drive
- Explore Indian Ruins – Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot
- Top-rated schools and other educational facilities
- History and Culture: Tombstone, Bisbee, San Xavier Mission, Tubac, Desert Museum, Biosphere, and much more
- San Diego is less than a six hour drive for a fabulous weekend getaway
- Tucson International Airport (TUS) - fly nonstop to over 22 destination airports in the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Test your luck at the casinos – Las Vegas is just a 60 minute flight away
- Wineries in Sonoita and Wilcox, AZ
- Enjoy weekend getaways to some of the most beautiful and popular attractions that are all within a 2-5 hour drive, such as:
- Phoenix, AZ (111 miles)
- Sedona, AZ (227 miles)
- San Diego (400 miles)
- Rocky Point, Mexico (214 miles)
- The Grand Canyon (340 miles)
- Experience all four season in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona (256 miles)
- Bisbee, AZ (97 miles)
- Tubac, AZ (48 miles)
- Los Angeles, CA ( 483 miles)
- Antelope Canyon (387 miles)
Discover your best life in Tucson, Arizona! For more information, please visit the following links:
- Northwest Healthcare website: https://www.healthiertucson.com/
- Information about visiting Tucson:https://www.visittucson.org/
- Best Trails to Hike in Tucson:https://www.alltrails.com/us/arizona/tucson
- Relocating to Tucson: https://www.visittucson.org/plan-your-visit/newcomers-and-relocation/
- Marana is one of the fastest growing cities in America and a suburb of Tucson: https://www.discovermarana.org/
- Oro Valley, another Tucson suburb: https://orovalleychamber.com/visitors/
The top attractions in Arizona are just a drive away for relaxing weekend getaways:
Population:520,116 city;1,000,000 county
Tucson is 90 miles southeast of Phoenix.
- Year-round outdoor recreation
- Art, culture, history
- Shopping,dining, spas, resorts
- Annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show
- ElTourde Tucson Bicycle Race
- PGA Accenture Match Play Championships
Points of Interest:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- KittPeak National Observatory
- San Xavierdel Bac Mission
- Pima Air & Space Museum
Average annual rainfall :12"
Average Temperature in winter: 65 degrees Average temperature in summer: 100 degrees
Average household income $45,521
Average cost of existing 3BR home: $251,963
Average cost of a 2BR apartment:$746/mo.
State Income Tax: 2.88-4.54%
Arizona students perform well above the national standards according to the Arizona Department of Education.
High Schools: 39public/21private
Middle Schools: 48public/38private
Higher Education: University of Arizona; Pima Community College; University of Phoenix
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with Center of Excellence status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
The medical center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).