Pediatric Sleep Medicine Job In Charleston, South Carolina
Pediatric Sleep Disorders in Coastal Charleston, SCNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Pediatric Sleep Disorders in Coastal Charleston, SC
The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) is seeking board certified or board eligible clinician-educators to join the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy, and Immunology within its nationally recognized Department of Pediatrics in coastal Charleston, SC. Qualified pediatric sleep specialists will enjoy a rewarding and diverse career that includes clinical care, involvement in leading-edge research, and the education of future leaders in pediatric care.
- BC or BE Pediatric Sleep Specialist who has completed an ABSM Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Committed to MUSC’s educational missions and enthusiastic about teaching
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, with interest in program development opportunities
In 2020, MUSC Children’s Health opened the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion, a 100,000 square foot, 250-bed, state-of-the-art building that is transforming the delivery of fetal, women’s and children’s care in the region. Supporting the outstanding clinical care at our Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion is the Charles P. Darby Children’s Research Institute, the largest pediatric research facility in the Carolinas, and one of only 15 like it in the country.
Learn more about the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital:https://musckids.org/about-us/sjch
· Collaboration with pediatric weight management clinic, pediatric developmental clinic, psychology, pediatric ENT, pediatric pulmonology, and others
· Dedicated Children’s ambulatory campus and hospital, with multi-disciplinary pediatric subspecialties, surgery centers, laboratories, pharmacies, infusion suites and radiology
· Opportunity to help build a new sleep study program treating a full spectrum of sleep disorders from birth to 18 years of age at the new R. Keith Summey Medical Pavilion
· Behavioral intervention for CPAP initiation, compliance, and study desensitization
· CPAP and ventilator compliance by remote access and Home Sleep Apnea Test (HSAT)
· AASM accredited 11-bed sleep laboratory operating 7 nights per week
· Dedicated departmental clinical research team
· Epic EMR platform
We will provide:
- Relocation assistance
- Faculty appointment with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications
- Excellent benefits package, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
- Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
- 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- CME allowance + time off
Founded in 1824, the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) continues to uphold its long tradition of excellence in education, research and patient care. MUSC educates and trains more than 3,000 students and nearly 800 residents in six colleges and has more than 17,000 employees. As the state’s only integrated academic health sciences center and largest non-federal employer in Charleston, the university and its affiliates have collective annual budgets in excess of $3.2 billion, with an annual economic impact of nearly $4 billion and annual research funding in excess of $284 million.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration.
Charleston, SC is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it’s easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston’s many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Low Country cuisine prepared by world-class chefs.
We invite you to join the team committed to “Changing What’s Possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country!
The Medical University of South Carolina is the state's only comprehensive academic medical center. We are changing what's possible in health care through our ongoing mission to provide excellence in patient care, teaching, and research. MUSC Health and MUSC Children's Health offer advanced care across South Carolina through hospitals, an extensive network of doctors' offices, and telehealth.