Medical Oncology Job In San Antonio, Texas
Hematology/Oncology Opportunity in San Antonio, TXNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Hematology and Medical Oncology
Job Summary:Methodist Healthcare is assisting with recruitment efforts for a hematology/oncology physician to join a well-established group. This established large multi-specialty practice offers great opportunity for growth.
- Must be board certified or board eligible in hematology and medical oncology
- Texas medical license, or eligible for Texas licensure
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Enjoy immediate patient base
- Partnership option available after two years for the right candidate
About Methodist Hospital – Metropolitan & Methodist Healthcare System
- 378 bed facility, 12 operating suites
- Dedicated women’s pavilion features seven antepartum beds, 16 labor-and-delivery suites, 35 postpartum rooms and 16 Level III NICU beds. Dedicated entrance and OB emergency department.
- Methodist Healthcare System is the largest provider of health care in South and Central Texas with 28 facilities, including nine acute care hospitals serving over 94,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients annually
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.
San Antonio (Spanish for "Saint Anthony") is the seventh most populous city in the U.S. and the second most populous city in Texas, with a population of 1.3 million. It was the fastest growing of the top 10 largest cities in the United States from 2000-2010. The city is located in the American Southwest, the south–central part of Texas, and the southwestern corner of an urban region known as the Texas Triangle.
Located near downtown San Antonio, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is a 316-bed hospital providing a complete range of health care services in San Antonio and the many neighborhoods and businesses that border its centralized location. Easy freeway access makes Metropolitan Methodist Hospital convenient for patients, visitors and physicians to access from all parts of the city.
In 2005, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital opened the new Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Women's Pavilion, the only facility in downtown San Antonio completely dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital offers outstanding cardiac care, general and surgical care, behavioral medicine, neurosurgery, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorders evaluation and the largest emergency department in downtown San Antonio.