Hospitalist Job In Mesa, Arizona
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Mountain Vista Medical Center opened in 2007 offering world-class medical expertise in a facility equipped with the most advanced medical technology. Mountain Vista is a 178-bed facility known for its resort-like setting featuring all private rooms, electronic health records, room service and wireless Internet access. Located in east Mesa, Arizona, Mountain Vista offers comprehensive health care services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, orthopedics, breast care, maternity care, and women’s services.
- 178 bed hospital
- Established team with 10 physicians and 4 advanced practitioners
- No procedures are required
- Open 30-bed ICU – co-managed patients, procedural support available
- Hospitalists are a part of the Rapid Response team and are responsible for running codes
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona.
Location & Lifestyle
Mesa, Arizona is one of America’s fastest-growing cities located just 15 miles east of Phoenix in Maricopa County. Mesa offers the benefits of a major metropolis with a suburban feel. Mesa’s bustling economy supports a diverse community filled with highly rated golf courses, sporting facilities, festivals, and art events for all ages including the seasonal fan-favorite Chicago Cubs Spring Training baseball.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.