Medical Assistant Job In West Columbia, South Carolina
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
SIGN-on Bonus: $3,500
***Multiple Positions Available in West Columbia, Northeast Columbia, Chapin, Lexington, and Irmo.***
Voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019 and 2022, the Lexington Medical Center Physician Network includes more than 450 physicians and advanced practice providers at 75 locations across the Midlands.
From general medicine and orthopedics to oncology and neurosurgery, these dedicated physicians, specialists and surgeons combine the highest quality care with advanced medicine and state-of-the-art technology to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: None
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Must currently hold and maintain an active certification or registry in Medical Assisting. Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS) or must obtain within 90 days of hire date.
- Required Training: The following must be successfully completed within the initial probationary period or any extension thereof: LMC’s Medical Assistant Training program, an LMC approved Medication Administration training course, and the basic LMC competency assessment for MOTs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a cooperative manner that is consistent with LMC’s Service Expectations policy.
- Participates in activities related to patient care.
- Records patient data and observations relevant to patients needs and in accordance with credentials.
- Provides safety measures in accordance with office standards.
- Recognizes need for safety measures and takes appropriate action to prevent injury
- Demonstrates ability to provide a comfortable environment of care in accordance with office standards.
- Prepares patient for departure by reinforcing patient instructions and patient education
- Manages medications according to LMC policy, procedures and within scope of practice for credential.
- Enters pertinent information into Epic.
- Verifies that all information in the patient chart is correctly entered and associated; and initiates appropriate action when necessary (lab labels, lab requisition, visit summary, etc.).
- Schedules physician appointments, requests copies of the medical record (when indicated) and arrange for patient referral as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of medical terminology.
- Maintains established stock levels of clerical supplies.
- Restocks and /or orders supplies.
- Removes outdated forms or supplies.
- Functions as a Clinical Scribe as needed: While functioning in the Scribe role the Clinical-Scribe must adhere to LMC’s policy and procedures for scribes.
- Abides by LMC’s Code of Conduct, accepts work assignments readily, and adheres to dress code and maintains personal hygiene and cleanliness appropriate to contact with patients, visitors and coworkers, supports and participates actively in change processes/performance improvement activities by willingly adopting new methods.
- Uses time and supplies/equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Completes assigned tasks within specified time frame.
- Prioritizes workload to best meet both patient and provider needs.
- Appropriately accounts for supplies and equipment.
- Restocks rooms with supplies needed for patient care.
- Identifies product needs and reports to the appropriate person.
- Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Willing to orient and train new employees as asked.
- Effectively uses electronic, verbal, non-verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a clear and concise manner to ensure appropriate understanding and response and demonstrates open communication with co-workers.
- Maintains required certifications, completes yearly safety training and mandatory classes and clinical competencies assessments, and complies with annual employee health requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health Spending Accounts (HSA)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.