Hospitalist Job In Jacksonville, Florida
Hospitalist or NocturnistNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- Established team with 8 physicians, an advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- 92-bed community based, not-for-profit, teaching medical center
- Intensivists run codes, closed ICU with a 24/7 intensivist program
- No call environment
- Full subspecialty back up provided at the UF downtown campus
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
UF Health North was named one of Jacksonville’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and is the only full-service medical campus in North Jacksonville with an adult and pediatric emergency room and an outpatient medical office building that houses more than 30 specialty services. In 2019, PRC, an independent organization that measures and benchmarks patient satisfaction, recognized UF Health North with a 5-Star Award for Overall Quality of Care.
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Jacksonville is the largest city in the U.S. state of Florida and is the county seat of Duval County. As such, it is the most populous city proper in Florida and the thirteenth most populous in the United States. Jacksonville is the principal city in the Greater Jacksonville Metropolitan Area, a region with a population of more than 1,313,228. Jacksonville is located in the First Coast region of northeast Florida and is centered on the banks of the St. Johns River, about 25 miles south of the Georgia border and about 340 miles north of Miami. Jacksonville offers a variety of housing options and is home to some of the top public and private schools in the nation. Residents enjoy an average temperature of 68 degrees, wonderful beaches, boating and fishing, sports, and excellent upscale shopping and restaurants.
We are dedicated to supporting our hospitalist and post-acute physicians in providing the very best quality care by partnering seamlessly with our partners. Physician founded, led, and managed, Sound Physicians has more than 1,800 hospitalist and post-acute physicians providing inpatient care to more than 180 hospitals and a growing number of post-acute care centers in 35 states across the U.S.
We recruit and retain the best doctors by creating a better career opportunity. Sound Physicians supports our physicians through manageable encounters, flexible schedules, and technology-driven processes that are designed by physicians to work for physicians. Through the SoundInstitute, we promote ongoing educational, professional and career development.