Medical and Clinical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Job In Augusta, Maine
Medical Lab Technician (MLT) / Medical Technologist (MT) / Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)-Evening (Full Time)Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Brienne Hayes: Sign in to view
MaineGeneral Health. We’re With You. Be With Us.
MaineGeneral Health is a comprehensive non-profit system with the mission of enhancing, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities. If you are seeking an opportunity to support your friends, family, and your community through your work at MaineGeneral Health...Come be with us.
MaineGeneral Health is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist to join our team of professionals. We are a CAP accredited, 24/7 lab that is responsible for over 1 million tests annually for the central Maine Community.
Built around a people first model – we are committed to our employees’ well-being, growth, work-life balance. MGH offers established career ladders and ongoing commitment to our employees.
Heroes work here! MaineGeneral Health is offering an exciting opportunity to work in our state of the art laboratory as a Laboratory Tech. This role will be great for someone that has a passion for Science and enjoys being part of a team that is dedicated to providing great care to our patients.
MaineGeneral Health will strongly consider those currently enrolled or a recent graduate of an accredited Lab Science program; MGH is a teaching lab. We have three amazing campuses in the Augusta and Waterville areas.
- Performs precise diagnostic/analytic testing and collection of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs and evaluates quality control testing and executes instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity for test methods.
- Provides excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all laboratory personnel, internal and external customers.
- Utilizes problem solving and critical thinking to ensure quality management standards are met.
- A degree in related field or graduate of an accredited Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist program preferred.
- One of the following certifications is strongly preferred within 6 months of hire: Certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologists- Medical Laboratory Technician: MLT (ASCP) or Medical Laboratory Scientist: MLS or MT (ASCP); OR Certification by American Medical Technologists - Medical Laboratory Technician: MLT (AMT) or Medical Technologist: MT (AMT)