Pediatric Surgery Job In Richmond, Virginia
Immediate Need for Pediatric Surgeons for Level I Trauma Center â?? Richmond, VANext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Job Summary:HCA is seeking 2 full-time board certified pediatric surgeons to support their Chippenham Hospital’s Level I Trauma Center in Richmond, Virginia.
- Must be board certified in their specialty
- Virginia licensure or ability to obtain
- Experienced physician preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, physicians and administration
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Be part of a supportive and energetic team
- 466-acute Level I Trauma Center with 12-bed Pediatric Emergency Department
- Pediatric Emergency Department staffed 24/7
- 30,000 annual volume Pediatric Emergency Department
- 8-bed Pediatric ICU
- 15-bed Inpatient Pediatric Floor
- Integrated pediatric inpatient services
- Peds inpatient ADC runs 9-10 days
- APC and Scribe coverage
- Partnership with Peds Hospitalist Program with BC Pediatricians in-house 24/7
- Volume estimate 1-4 calls per week with 1-3 call-ins to the hospital
Richmond is a wonderful place to practice medicine and raise a family. Moving to Richmond VA – or RVA as the locals call it – means moving to a city on the rise. From a thriving arts and culinary scene to boasting some of Virginia’s best schools, Richmond has it all. And we didn’t even mention the ideal location – right on the James River, right off I-95, and right around everything. With a metropolitan area population of over a million, Richmond offers a great balance of big city excitement and small town charm. The area abounds with parks, nationally recognized school systems, and innumerable recreation and cultural activities. Richmond is within a two-hour drive of the Atlantic Ocean, Washington, DC and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
If you need any additional information, please contact Sherry Chenault at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-237-7771.
Richmond, the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, has a metropolitan population of approximately 1.2 million people. Richmond is a city deep in history with terrific neighborhoods, museums and festivals year round. The city also boasts the first state-supported art museum in the United States and the Southeast's largest museum, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. With easy access to Interstates 95 and 64, Washington, DC, Virginia's beaches and the Blue Ridge Mountains are all less than two hours away. In Richmond, you will find a wealth of small-town charm and big-city amenities woven into a landscape catering to all walks of life. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, including one of the most remarkable displays of fall foliage along the Eastern seaboard.
CJW Medical Center is not just a community hospital. It is one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital systems, HCA. With 748 beds and two medical campuses, CJW admits more patients, delivers more babies, and performs more heart surgeries than any other hospital in Richmond.
Each campus provides a wide range of services, but specialty programs have been established at one hospital or the other - not both. The Chippenham campus has a heart hospital and Tucker Pavilion, a behavioral health center. The Johnston-Willis campus has cancer, neuroscience, and rehabilitation centers. Both campuses have state-designated trauma centers. Taking this approach allows CJW to develop clinical programs that are stronger than they would otherwise be.